Scott is co-chair of the firm's EB-5 Immigrant Investor Services Practice. He represents both corporate and individual clients in U.S. immigration matters, with a focus on global workforce mobility issues such as due diligence considerations and risk management assessments for mergers, acquisitions, restructurings, downsizings and startups. He is also well-versed in the EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program.
Scott ‘s corporate clients include major global organizations in the financial services, fashion, media, IT, energy, insurance, health care and industrial chemicals sectors, for whom he provides an array of immigration services, including:
- Nonimmigrant visas
- Permanent residence
- Labor certification
- EB-5 issues
- I-9 review and compliance
Scott also represents individuals in family-based immigration and citizenship matters.
- Coordinated centralized representation of U.S. immigration matters for financial services, investment management and insurance divisions of one of the world’s largest diversified financial services organizations.
- Managed corporate restructuring and consolidation issues for the immigration practice of major health care and health insurance provider.
- Represented a wide array of individual professional athletes from major and minor league organizations in baseball, basketball, hockey and other sports on visa and citizenship matters.
- Assisted numerous small business owners across various industries with registration before the State Department under the E visa program for treaty traders and treaty investors.
- Implemented I-9 review and compliance program for a global electronics and electrical engineering company in the energy, health care and infrastructure sectors.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox, Scott was a partner in the Miami office of a national law firm.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Scott is an active member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association, serving previously as a program committee and symposium coordinator for the New York Chapter Immigration Law Symposium. He is also an allied member of Invest In the USA (IIUSA) and a past member of the University of Miami Citizens Board.
Honors & Awards
- Listed in The Legal 500 2014-2016, recommended for Labor & Employment-Immigration
* Scott, a Partner in the Miami office, is not admitted to practice in Florida.