Seth's practice encompasses aspects of corporate law, employee pension and welfare benefits, executive compensation, employment law, estate planning, health law and taxation. Seth's broad range of experience includes:
- ERISA compliance and employee benefits issues, including work with defined benefit, defined contribution and cafeteria plans
- Preparation and submission of various correction program applications through Internal Revenue Service (EPCRS) and Department of Labor (VFCP, DFVC) correction programs
- Sale or acquisition of closely held business interests, including medical practices and interests in ambulatory surgical centers
- Advising clients with respect to choice of entity, corporate governance issues, mergers and acquisitions, lease and real estate issues and business succession planning strategies
- Handling investigations by the Internal Revenue Service, Department of Labor and Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation for a variety of qualified plan and tax issues
- Review and preparation of various employment-related documents, including employee handbooks, employment agreements and non-competition agreements
- Deferred compensation planning and Internal Revenue Code Section 409A compliance
- Review and negotiation of agreements relating to the installation, implementation and ongoing use and compliance of electronic health records systems
- Assisting clients with the myriad of issues and changes stemming from the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act and the Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act of 2010
Seth also has experience working with the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau obtaining various permits and approvals relating to wine importation from South America and Europe. He has assisted clients in obtaining federal import and wholesale permits, certificates of approval for wine labels, and ensuring that state and local importation requirements are met.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Seth was recognized as a winner of the 2011 Jefferson Award for his “steadfast volunteer service” with Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Pittsburgh. Seth serves as president of the Board of Directors for BBBS of Greater Pittsburgh and has been an active Big Brother for nine years with his little brother Nick. He also co-chairs the organization’s most significant annual fundraising event, Bowl for Kids' Sake.
Seth is the editor of the firm’s Employee Benefits & Compensation newsletter, For Your Benefit , which is published quarterly and highlights current trends and developments in the areas of employee benefits and executive compensation.
Honors & Awards
- Included in a list of "Fast Trackers" by Pittsburgh Business Times (2014)
- Included in the list of “Pennsylvania Rising Stars” by Super Lawyers Magazine (2013-2016)
- Included in the list of the Pittsburgh’s “40 Under 40” given by Pittsburgh Magazine and Pittsburgh Urban Magnet Project (2011)
- Recipient of the 2011 Jefferson Award for his volunteer service with Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Pittsburgh