Shannon represents school district and intermediate unit clients in a variety of education law matters with a focus on special education. She provides hands-on guidance to clients before encountering litigation and regularly represents clients in due process hearings and federal appeals in matters involving:
- The Individuals with Disabilities Education Improvement Act (IDEA)
- Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973
- Pennsylvania School Code
- Individualized Education Programs (IEPs)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Student discipline
- Inclusive education practices
- Therapeutic and residential placement
Shannon has also handled cases involving gifted education, testing accommodations, special needs trusts and estate planning, and guardianship petitions.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox Rothschild, Shannon was a litigation associate at an East Coast-based firm representing clients in professional and premises liability matters. She also previously worked as an associate for a firm focusing on education law.