For more than two decades, Sharon has counseled clients, particularly those in the transportation, manufacturing and environmental services industries, on complex environmental, toxic tort and commercial litigation matters throughout the country. Her Delaware practice is also known for its focus on corporate and trust and estate litigation.
Sharon’s clients rely on her strategic counsel with issues arising in connection with environmental, health and safety laws, regulations, programs and policies, including:
- Comprehensive Environmental Response Compensation and Liability Act (CERCLA)
- Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA)
- New Jersey Spill Compensation and Control Act
- Delaware Hazardous Sites Cleanup Act
- Pennsylvania Clean Streams Act
- Underground Storage Tank Act
- Clean Water Act
- Toxic Substances Control Act
- Coastal Zone Act
- Federal Insecticide, Fungicide and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA)
- Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS)
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- Brownfields Redevelopment programs
Sharon's experience also includes:
- Successfully defending a toxic tort action through exclusion of adversary's experts pursuant to a Daubert challenge.
- Negotiating, assessing and litigating natural resource damages claims.
- Advice and counseling on Environmental Audits
- Obtaining necessary permits and approvals on projects involving wetlands.
- Advising purchasers and sellers in acquisitions and real estate transactions, including counseling on environmental, due diligence, land use and title issues.
- Counseling property owners with storm water issues, including those subject to storm water assessments.
- Representing Delaware corporations in litigation involving everything from local operations to international contractual disputes.
- Litigation of contentious, high-stakes trust and estate matters, including trust construction, will contests and fiduciary issues.
Sharon’s leadership roles within the firm include:
- Wilmington Office Managing Partner
- Member of the firm's Executive Committee
- Co-chair of the Environmental Practice Group
- Co-chair of the Business Development Subcommittee of the Women’s Initiative
- Former co-chair of the Connectivity Subcommittee of the Women’s Initiative
Honors & Awards
- Selected as “Environment Attorney of the Year in Delaware” by Corporate Intl Magazine (2014, 2015)