Shata represents major corporations in complex commercial disputes in a wide variety of legal issues, including data privacy, patent infringement, products liability, insurance coverage and hazardous waste cleanup.
She has earned the Certified Information Privacy Professional/United States (CIPP/US) credential through the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP).
- Defending major corporations in nationwide class actions alleging breach of data privacy obligations.
- Defending a gaming company against allegations of patent infringement.
- Advising clients on privacy statutes and regulations.
- Successfully litigated and settled a seven-figure life insurance claim involving alleged application misrepresentations.
- Successfully litigated and settled a multimillion-dollar personal lines claim for defense and indemnity arising out of bodily and personal injury alleged liability.
- Pursuing coverage on behalf of a metal fabricator for more than 30 years of environmental claims.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox, Shata was an associate at Riddell Williams P.S. She also served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Harriet Lansing in the Minnesota Court of Appeals.
While in law school, she served as a managing editor of the Minnesota Law Review, participated in the Environmental Law Moot Court and taught as a student instructor in the First Year Legal Research and Writing Program.
Honors & Awards
- Named to Washington “Super Lawyers Rising Stars” (2015-2017)