Stanley’s practice involves a broad range of transactional and general advisory tax law matters, with a focus on international tax issues. He represents clients in connection with taxable and tax-free M&A transactions, both in the domestic and cross-border contexts. Stanley also advises U.S. businesses on establishing and expanding foreign operations as well as foreign nationals and businesses on establishing and expanding U.S. operations and investing in U.S. real estate. Another component of Stanley’s practice involves advising foreign nationals on restructuring their business and personal holdings in connection with becoming U.S. residents. He also advises on general tax law matters, including deductibility of expenditures, sales tax, bankruptcy tax planning, taxation of consolidated groups, partnership tax matters and tax accounting.
- “Tips on Drafting Tax Equalization Agreements” – Tax Notes – 2017
- “What Founders Should Know About Tax Planning for an Exit” – Law360 – 2016
- “Investment Assets in Corporate Separations” – Tax Notes – 2015
- “Tips on Drafting Tax Sharing Agreements” – Tax Notes – 2014
- “Is IRS Pre-Clearance of Accounting Method Changes Really Necessary?” – Tax Notes – 2013
- “What Taxpayers Always Want To Know About Accounting Method Changes” – Taxes: The Tax Magazine – 2012
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox Rothschild, Stanley worked as an associate in the Tax Departments of two international law firms.
Honors & Awards
- Included in Super Lawyers’ New York Metro Rising Stars (2012-2016)
- Recipient of the Legal Aid Society Pro Bono Award (2009-2012)