Stephanie’s practice focuses on helping clients design and administer employee benefit programs including flexible benefits plans, health insurance, wellness programs, disability plans, life insurance, fringe benefits and severance plans.
She helps clients, including employers, plan sponsors and third party administrators:
- Draft plan documents, including summary plan descriptions, plan amendments and employee communications.
- Develop retiree medical benefits plans.
- Understand the complex state and federal requirements surrounding Multiple Employer Welfare Arrangements (MEWAs).
- Outsource benefit administration functions.
She also advises clients on compliance with IRS and ERISA requirements in addition to federal laws including:
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA)
- Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act (GINA)
- Medicare Secondary Payor
- Affordable Care Act (ACA)
Stephanie, who worked in the Employee Benefits Security Administration of the U.S. Department of Labor, also has extensive knowledge of mental health parity laws and regulations and can help clients gauge the impact of federal health reform plans on their businesses.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox, Stephanie was responsible for health plan compliance at a Minnesota health insurer and third party administrator. She also served as an Employee Benefits Law Specialist in the Employee Benefits Security Administration at the Department of Labor.
During law school, Stephanie was a legal intern at the Food and Drug Administration and a Paul G. Rogers Memorial Scholar at the National Coalition on Health Care. She was a member and associate editor of the Catholic University Law Review and a member of the Health Law Society.
Before enrolling in law school, Stephanie was a graduate intern in the office of a sitting Senator.