Named as one of the leading labor and employment attorneys in New Jersey by Chambers USA, Steve has been actively engaged in the practice of labor relations law on behalf of management throughout his professional life. Steve has extensive experience in representing management in union negotiations and arbitrations, in matters before the National Labor Relations Board and state and federal discrimination agencies and in formulating strategies regarding plant relocation, consolidations, mergers and acquisitions. He has represented numerous manufacturing and distribution companies, as well as numerous hospitals, nursing homes and not-for-profit organizations.
Steve serves as labor counsel to Cornell University and Princeton University. He has lectured at the Cornell University School of Industrial & Labor Relations, and spoken before many industry and trade groups.
Honors & Awards
- Listed in "The Most Powerful Employment Attorneys" guide by Lawdragon (2015, 2017)
- Listed in "The Employment Lawyers Hall of Fame" guide by Lawdragon (2014, 2015)
- Included on Human Resource Executive Magazine's list of the "Top 100 Nation's Most Powerful Employment Attorneys" (2013, 2014)
- Included on Human Resource Executive Magazine's list of The Nation's Most Powerful Employment Attorneys (2011)
- Named as one of the leading labor & employment attorneys in New Jersey, Chambers USA (2008 - 2018)
- Included in a list of Top 10 Labor Law Attorneys, Human Resources Executive Magazine's Most Powerful Attorneys (2009)
- Judge William B. Groat Award (Cornell University, School of Industrial & Labor Relations)
- Selected as one of the nation’s Top Corporate Employment Attorneys by Human Resource Executive and LawDragon (2011 - 2012)
- Included in a list of Top 100 Employment Law Attorneys by Human Resources Executive Magazine and LawDragon (2010)
- Included in a list of "Corporate Counsel Super Lawyers" in the area of Labor and Employment Law (2009, 2010)
- Martindale-Hubbell "AV" rated
- For more than thirty years, included in a list of "The Best Lawyers in America" in the area of Labor and Employment Law
- Included in “Super Lawyers Business Edition” in the area of Employment and Labor Law (2013)
- Included in a list of "Super Lawyers" by New Jersey Monthly Magazine and Law & Politics Magazine (2006 - 2018)
- Selected for inclusion in "Who's Who in American Law"
- Selected for inclusion in "Who's Who Legal: USA"
- Selected for inclusion in "World's Leading Labour & Employment Lawyers"
- Included in a list of "New Jersey's Best Lawyers" in the area of Labor and Employment Law (2011)
- Named a “New York Area Top Rated Lawyer in Labor & Employment” by American Lawyer Media and Martindale-Hubbell™ (2013)