Susanne is an experienced litigator who solves the diverse legal problems of businesses, medical professionals, banks, financial institutions, insurance companies and real estate developers. She focuses on helping her clients with issues surrounding contracts, lease agreements, employment agreements, banking transactions, life insurance policies, real estate transactions and testamentary documents (wills/trusts). She frequently appears in both state and federal court on behalf of her clients and has a varied appellate practice.
- Represented national bank at trial by obtaining judgment in its favor on issues of fraud, unfair practices and improper residential foreclosure, helping the client to successfully avoid potential liability of more than $500,000.00.
- Helped national bank resolve contract dispute regarding a foreign trade transaction that occurred in North Africa by getting the appropriate third parties to make full payment in connection with disputed transaction with no payment by bank.
- Assisted national bank in resolving Uniform Commercial Code claims regarding allegations of forged checks that often exceeded $100,000 in potential exposure.
- Obtained more than 50 final judgments of foreclosure in contested residential foreclosure actions.
- Represented landlord in commercial lease dispute.
- Represented beneficiaries in dispute over distributions under a will and trust.
- Enforced trademark and copyright claims of small business.
- Represented real estate developer in contractual dispute.
- Represented law firms and other lawyers in legal malpractice actions.
- Assisted various employers in enforcing terms of noncompete and nonsolicitation agreements against former employees.
- Obtained summary judgment for national temporary staffing company, defeating six-figure claims and potential class action for alleged wage and hour violations under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Obtain summary judgment for national cable installation company, defeating alleged claims of federal overtime violations under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Obtained favorable settlements in numerous alleged wage and hour violation cases for national cable installation company in both mediation and settlement conferences, saving the client in excess of $100,000 in potential exposure.
- Obtain favorable settlement in two potential class actions for national temporary staffing company.
Life Insurance Companies
- Represented national life insurance company in various disputes regarding the proper beneficiaries of life insurance policies, including obtaining full releases for insurance company quickly through interpleader actions, protecting client from further litigation and defeating various counterclaims.
- Won numerous summary judgment rulings for national life insurance company, while appearing in both civil and probate court.
- Obtained emergency temporary injunction on behalf of national life insurance company to preserve a policy benefit.
- Obtained protective order preserving the files of a life insurance agent, which protected clients from further litigation exposure and costs.
- Obtained successful settlement for group of radiology oncologists over contract dispute with hospital.
- Represented medical practice in covenant not to compete dispute.
- Won Appeal to Fourth District Court of Appeal in and for the State of Florida regarding a dispute over payments from a life insurance benefit.
- Won Appeal to Second Circuit Court of Appeals, affirming a dismissal of a federal RICO claim for our foreign clients.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining the firm, Susanne worked as an associate at a national Am Law 100 firm in Washington, DC and at a well-respected regional firm in Miami, FL.
Susanne is a former legal clerk for the U.S. Department of Justice in both the U.S. Attorney’s Office in the Civil Division and the Child Exploitation and Obscenity Section. She was also a legal unit intern for the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission in San Diego, CA. Susanne served as a legislative intern for U.S. Sen. Charles Schumer’s Office in Washington, DC.
While in college, Susanne studied abroad at Oxford University for a year.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Susanne is on the Board of Directors for the Miami Women’s Chamber of Commerce, is the co-chair of the Membership Committee and runs the Chamber’s monthly networking breakfasts. She also serves on the Miami Pro Bono Roundtable.
Honors & Awards
- Pro Bono Program Award Winner at the George Washington University Law School
- NCAA Division I (Patriot League) Track & Field Athlete
- Member of Alpha Sigma Nu, the honor society of Jesuit colleges and universities
- Member of Sigma Tau Delta, the English Honor Society
- Charles A. Dana Scholarship winner at the College of the Holy Cross
- Alumni Memorial Scholarship winner at the College of the Holy Cross