Susanne is an experienced attorney and seasoned litigator who solves the varied litigation problems of large and small businesses, banks, financial institutions, insurance companies, real estate developers, medical practices and other professionals. She focuses on helping her clients with legal issues surrounding banking transactions, life insurance policies, employment agreements, real estate transactions, testamentary documents (wills/trusts), contracts and business disputes. She frequently appears in both state and federal court on behalf of her clients.
Banking and Financial Institutions
- Successfully represented national bank at trial by obtaining judgment in its favor on issues of fraud, unfair practices and improper residential foreclosure, helping the client successfully avoid potential liability of more than half a million dollars.
- Helped national bank resolve contract dispute regarding a foreign trade transaction that occurred in North Africa by getting the appropriate third parties to make full payment in connection with disputed transaction with no payment by national bank.
- Successfully obtained more than 50 final judgments of foreclosure in contested residential foreclosure actions.
- Assisted national bank in resolving Uniform Commercial Code claims regarding allegations of forged checks that often exceeded $100,000 in potential exposure.
Life Insurance Companies
- Successfully represented national life insurance company in various disputes regarding the proper beneficiaries of life insurance policies, including obtaining full releases for insurance company quickly through interpleader actions, protecting client from further litigation and defeating various counterclaims.
- Won numerous summary judgment rulings for national life insurance company, while appearing in both civil and probate court.
- Obtained emergency temporary injunction on behalf of national life insurance company to preserve a policy benefit.
- Obtained protective order preserving the files of a life insurance agent, which protected clients from further litigation exposure and costs.
- Obtained summary judgment for national temporary staffing company, defeating six-figure claims and potential class action for alleged wage and hour violations under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Successfully resolved claims of employment discrimination, harassment and retaliation on behalf of employers.
- Assisted various employers in enforcing terms of noncompete and nonsolicitation agreements against former employees.
- Obtained favorable settlements in numerous alleged wage and hour violation cases for national cable installation company in both mediation and settlement conferences, saving the client in excess of $100,000 in potential exposure.
- Obtained successful settlement for group of radiology oncologists over contract dispute with hospital.
- Successfully represented real estate developer in contractual dispute.
- Successfully represented beneficiaries in dispute over distributions under a will and trust.
- Successfully represented various companies in fraud and contractual disputes.
- Successfully enforced trademark and copyright claims of small business.
- Successfully represented law firms and other lawyers in legal malpractice actions.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining the firm, Susanne worked as an associate at a national Am Law 100 firm in Washington, DC and at a well-respected regional firm in Miami, FL.
Susanne is a former legal clerk for the U.S. Department of Justice in both the U.S. Attorney’s Office in the Civil Division and the Child Exploitation and Obscenity Section. She was also a legal unit intern for the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission in San Diego, CA. Susanne served as a legislative intern for U.S. Sen. Charles Schumer’s Office in Washington, DC.
While in college, Susanne studied abroad at Oxford University for a year.
Honors & Awards
- Pro Bono Program Award Winner at the George Washington University Law School
- NCAA Division I (Patriot League) Track & Field Athlete
- Member of Alpha Sigma Nu, the honor society of Jesuit colleges and universities
- Member of Sigma Tau Delta, the English Honor Society
- Charles A. Dana Scholarship winner at the College of the Holy Cross
- Alumni Memorial Scholarship winner at the College of the Holy Cross