Tara focuses her practice on intellectual property matters that relate to the biotechnology, pharmaceutical and chemical fields.
She has counseled clients regarding:
- worldwide patent portfolio strategy and management, including patent preparation and prosecution
- opinions on freedom to operate, patentability, validity and infringement
- intellectual property due diligence analyses
- technical licensing and transactions
- intellectual property litigation
- trademark prosecution and registration
Tara has experience as in-house counsel as well as in private practice, where she has counseled clients on inventions relating to:
- small molecule pharmaceuticals
- medical diagnostics
- drug delivery
- medical devices
- consumer products
Emerging Companies Insider
The Emerging Companies Insider Blog focuses on recent and developing areas of the law affecting startup and emerging growth companies and their investors, including choice of entity, shareholders’ agreements, issuance of equity to employees, preparing for and executing a capital raise, exit strategies and the JOBS Act and its impact on how companies can and should raise capital from investors.
Tara has authored and co-authored a number of scientific articles, including those published in the Journal of Biological Chemistry, Journal of Comparative Neurology, Neuron and Genomics.