Ted has served as Administrative Partner for the firm’s New York Corporate and Public Companies practices since 2009 and is co-chair of the Private Equity Practice Group. He has more than 30 years of experience in corporate law with an emphasis on mergers and acquisitions, private equity, venture capital and securities law.
Ted is a highly accomplished deal-maker. In 2016, he negotiated PuraCap Pharmaceutical LLC and its parent company Humanwell Healthcare Group Co., Ltd.’s (SHA: 600079) acquisition of Epic Pharma, LLC, which has been listed as a finalist for The M&A Advisor’s 15th Annual M&A Advisor Awards for Health Care and Life Sciences Deal of the Year (over $100 million) and Cross-Border Deal of the Year. In 2012, Ted was nominated in three categories for the ACG New York Champion’s Award for the Asta Funding, Inc. litigation funding transaction: Middle-Market Deal of the Year (between $100 million and $250 million); Corporate/Strategic Acquisition of the Year (between $100 million and $250 million); and Financial Service Deal of the Year (more than $100 million).
He counsels large established and emerging growth companies and private equity funds in mergers, management buyouts, recapitalizations, roll-ups and growth strategies, as well as in matters related to structuring, organization, financing, employment and compensation. He advises clients on the development, protection, licensing and distribution of their products, technologies and services.
Ted's experience also extends to securities law and includes representation of:
- Public companies in SEC reporting and compliance matters, including periodic and current reporting requirements, Section 16 matters, proxy statement disclosure requirements and annual meeting matters;
- Private and public companies in registered and unregistered equity and debt financing transactions, including initial public offerings, registered follow-on and secondary offerings, venture financings, PIPEs and Rule 144A offerings;
- Public and private targets and acquirers in mergers and acquisitions, including public-public, public-private and private-private mergers, stock sales and asset sales; and
- Public companies in corporate governance and related matters, including initial and continued listing matters.
As a member of the Fox Rothschild International Practice Group, Ted provides advice and counsel to numerous foreign-based businesses. He acts as a trusted U.S. legal adviser to counsel international businesses on the structuring of their domestic and overseas operations. Ted provides and/or supervises for his clients the following legal services for inbound foreign businesses:
- United States business formation, capitalization and corporate governance
- Executive Compensation-employment agreement and incentive and restricted option plans
- Inter-company Transfer Pricing and Services Agreements
- Obtaining visas and green cards for your employees and compliance with U.S. immigration laws
- Structuring and documentation of your joint venture or other contractual relationships with U.S. partners
- Legal representation in mergers and acquisitions with existing U.S. businesses
- Inbound and outbound international business transactions
- Advice on the legal requirements for hiring personnel and compliance with U.S. and state labor laws
- Review and negotiation of the lease agreements or the purchase of real estate in the United States
- Drafting distributorship/licensing/service agreements
Ted counsels emerging growth companies seeking venture capital—from seed capital to later-stage financings. Drawing on his contacts and relationships in the angel financing, venture capital, private equity, hedge fund and banking communities, he helps get his clients the introductions and referrals they need to raise capital. He helps build superior companies that maximize returns for the entrepreneur, investors and key contributors.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining the firm, Ted was Co-Chair of the Venture Capital/Emerging Growth Practice Group at Herrick, Feinstein LLP.
Honors & Awards
- Named a “Super Lawyer” in the area of Mergers and Acquisitions (2013-2017)
- Recipient, Easter Seals of New York Humanitarian Award (2003)