Terry is a partner in Fox Rothschild’s Corporate Department. He works with clients across a range of industries, and regularly advises startup and growth stage companies on various matters from formation to exit, including the following:
- choice of entity
- corporate governance
- corporate finance
- private equity and venture capital transactions
- commercial contract preparation and review
- employment issues
- buy-sell agreements and shareholder disputes
- intellectual property protection and transfer
- mergers and acquisitions
Terry is a member of Fox Rothschild’s Emerging Companies & Venture Capital Practice Group, and is a founding member of its Technology Practice Group and its Nonprofit Organizations Practice Group. He is actively involved in the Philadelphia Alliance for Capital and Technology (PACT) and the Philadelphia Chapter of the Association for Corporate Growth (ACG).
Terry frequently represents both sellers and buyers in acquisitions, including:
- A telecommunications company in its $90 million acquisition of towers and related contracts.
- A publicly held pharmaceutical company in its $42 million acquisition of all of the capital stock of a privately held pharmaceutical company.
- An occupational health company in its $35 million sale to a national physical therapy company.
- A private practice in the specialty field of intraoperative neuromonitoring in connection with the sale by its shareholders of all of the capital stock of the company for $34 million.
- A food packager/distributor in a $27 million sale of its assets, including its real estate.
- A privately held pharmaceutical solutions software company in connection with the sale by its shareholders of all of the capital stock of the company for $21 million.
- A closely held home building company located in Charlotte, North Carolina, in a $15 million sale of its assets.
- Shareholders of Lasko Holdings, Inc. in connection with the sale of their capital stock in such company.
In his financing practice, Terry represents both investors and the company seeking investment, including:
- A private equity fund in its $100 million Series D Preferred Stock investment in a ride sharing company.
- A private equity fund in its $50 million revolving line of credit from institutional financing sources.
- A venture capital fund in its $8 million and $12 million Preferred Stock investments in medical device companies.
- A publicly traded company in its $5 million purchase of Series B Preferred Stock of a privately held software company.
- Various angel investors in connection with their review of investment opportunities and financing agreements.
- A medical device company in its $3 million sale of Series A Preferred Stock, $11 million sale of Series B Preferred Stock, and $18 million sale of Series C Preferred Stock.
- A software company in its $15 million sale of Series B Preferred Stock.
- A startup pharmaceutical company in its formation, financing and $10 million purchase of drug compound and related intellectual property from an international pharmaceutical company.
- A medical device developer in its $4 million offering of subordinated convertible promissory notes.
- A medical device developer based out of Pennsylvania State University in its $1.2 million offering of subordinated convertible promissory notes.
- A company in its formation and $800,000 financing in furtherance of the establishment of a local restaurant.
Before Fox Rothschild
At the Penn State Dickinson School of Law, Terry was casenote editor of the Penn State Law Review, a member of the Woolsack Society, the recipient of a Dean’s Scholarship as well as the Joseph McKean Scholarship, and graduated magna cum laude. While at law school, Terry clerked for the Honorable Kevin A. Hess of the Cumberland County Court of Common Pleas.
As an undergraduate at Penn State, Terry was a member of the Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society, the National Society of Collegiate Scholars, and was an active member of the Penn State Lion Ambassadors and the Penn State Blue and White Society.
Honors & Awards
- Named a "Pennsylvania Rising Star" by Super Lawyers (2017)
- Named among the top 25 Young Lawyers on the Rise by the Philadelphia Business Journal (2017)
- Named as one of the leading Startups & Emerging Companies attorneys nationally by Chambers USA (2016-2018)
The Emerging Companies Insider blog focuses on recent and developing areas of the law affecting startup and emerging growth companies and their investors, including choice of entity, shareholders’ agreements, issuance of equity to employees, preparing for and executing a capital raise, exit strategies and the JOBS Act and its impact on how companies can and should raise capital from investors.