Terry is a partner in Fox Rothschild’s Corporate Department. He works with clients across a range of industries, and regularly advises startup and growth stage companies on various matters from formation to exit, including the following:
- choice of entity
- corporate governance
- corporate finance
- private equity and venture capital transactions
- commercial contract preparation and review
- employment issues
- buy-sell agreements and shareholder disputes
- intellectual property protection and transfer
- mergers and acquisitions
Terry is a member of Fox Rothschild’s Emerging Companies & Venture Capital Practice Group, and is a founding member of its Technology and E-Commerce Practice Group and its Nonprofit Organizations Practice Group. He is actively involved in the Philadelphia Alliance for Capital and Technology (PACT) and the Philadelphia Chapter of the Association for Corporate Growth (ACG).
Terry has represented:
- A publicly held pharmaceutical company in its $42 million acquisition of all of the capital stock of privately held pharmaceutical company.
- A private practice in the specialty field of intraoperative neuromonitoring in connection with the sale by its shareholders of all of the capital stock of the company for $34 million.
- An Ohio-based food packager/distributor in a $27 million sale of its assets, including its real estate.
- A privately held pharmaceutical solutions software company in connection with the sale by its shareholders of all of the capital stock of the company for $21 million.
- A closely held home building company located in Charlotte, North Carolina, in a $15 million sale of its assets.
- A software company located in New York City in its $15 million sale of Series B Preferred Stock.
- A central Pennsylvania hospitality services business in its sale of its assets for cash and stock of the buyer with an aggregate value of $10 million.
- A fund in its purchase of all of the assets of a Washington-based food distributor for $11.5 million.
- A medical device developer and manufacturer in its $11 million sale of Series B Preferred Stock.
- A startup pharmaceutical company in its formation, financing and $10 million purchase of drug compound and related intellectual property from an international pharmaceutical company.
- The buyer of the assets of a Mid-Atlantic region tent-based fireworks retailer for $7 million.
- A publicly traded company in its $5 million purchase of Series B Preferred Stock of a privately held software company.
- A medical device developer in its $4 million offering of subordinated convertible promissory notes.
- A firearms manufacturer in its $1.25 million sale of common stock to a national player in the industry.
- A medical device developer based out of Pennsylvania State University in its $1.2 million offering of subordinated convertible promissory notes.
- A local insect trap manufacturer in its $1 million offering of secured promissory notes.
- A nonprofit provider of residential and support services to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities in its purchase of the assets of a competitor.
- A medical device developer and manufacturer in the sale and license of certain of its medical device technology to one of its shareholders.
- The sole member of a publishing company in the sale of all of her membership interests in the company to a large publishing company.
- A company focusing on online and interactive education in its offering of $800,000 of Series A Preferred Stock.
- A company in its formation and $800,000 financing in furtherance of the establishment of a local restaurant.
- A startup social media company in its restructuring and $500,000 sale of Series A Preferred Stock.
- A startup technology company that participated in a Philadelphia incubator program in the sale of its assets.
- A nonprofit corporation in its restructuring from a Code Section 501(c)(6) organization to a Code Section 501(c)(3) organization.
- A local dry cleaning business in the sale of all of its assets.
Before Fox Rothschild
At the Penn State Dickinson School of Law, Terry was casenote editor of the Penn State Law Review, a member of the Woolsack Society, the recipient of a Dean’s Scholarship as well as the Joseph McKean Scholarship, and graduated magna cum laude. While at law school, Terry clerked for the Honorable Kevin A. Hess of the Cumberland County Court of Common Pleas.
As an undergraduate at Penn State, Terry was a member of the Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society, the National Society of Collegiate Scholars, and was an active member of the Penn State Lion Ambassadors and the Penn State Blue and White Society.
Honors & Awards
- Named as one of the leading Startups & Emerging Companies attorneys nationally by Chambers USA (2016)
The Emerging Companies Insider blog focuses on recent and developing areas of the law affecting startup and emerging growth companies and their investors, including choice of entity, shareholders’ agreements, issuance of equity to employees, preparing for and executing a capital raise, exit strategies and the JOBS Act and its impact on how companies can and should raise capital from investors.