Ted focuses his practice on complex commercial litigation in both federal and state courts. He has represented clients across a range of industries in matters that include:
- class action defense
- trade secrets
- business disputes
- alternative dispute resolution
Ted is the chair of the firm’s antitrust practice group.
In more than 20 years of practice, Ted has developed significant experience in the areas of antitrust and class action defense. He has advised clients and litigated antitrust matters in a variety of sectors, including the car rental, racing, automobile, pharmaceutical manufacturing and retail industries. Ted also has successfully represented clients in numerous class actions in both federal and state courts in Pennsylvania as well as other jurisdictions. He has extensive experience, including trials in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania and the Commerce Court of the Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas. He has argued several appeals before the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
Recently, Ted has:
- Served as lead counsel for a defendant in a $90 million antitrust case in which he secured summary judgment in favor of the client;
- Served as lead counsel and successfully defended a summary judgment in an antitrust case in an appeal before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit;
- Served as lead counsel for a pharmaceutical company in an antitrust case involving a novel theory of liability that was settled favorably after two years of litigation;
- Served as co-counsel for several defendants in a major multi-district antitrust action involving alleged price fixing and related claims;
- Successfully defeated a class action on behalf of a Fortune 50 manufacturer;
- Represented one of the nation’s largest automobile rental companies in defeating two class actions; and
- Represented a major national retailer in a class action involving antitrust claims relating to “bundled rebates.”
Ted takes a pragmatic approach to resolving disputes on behalf of his clients. A seasoned trial lawyer, he is also well versed in alternative dispute resolution, including commercial arbitration and mediation. Ted also frequently counsels clients on antitrust compliance and has given presentations to clients’ sales forces on antitrust compliance at national sales meetings.
Before Fox Rothschild
At Rutgers, Ted was a member of the Hunter Advanced Moot Court Board. As a quarter-finalist in the Hunter Advanced Moot Court Competition, he ranked as one of the top performers in oral advocacy. He also won American Jurisprudence Awards for the highest grade in Contracts, Criminal Procedure and Securities Regulation and was named a Dean’s Scholar. He graduated from Rutgers Law School with high honors.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Ted serves as secretary on the board of directors of the Epilepsy Foundation of Eastern Pennsylvania. He also sits on the golf outing fundraising committee.