Chair of the firm’s medical technology practice, Tom is a veteran medtech counselor and transaction attorney who has represented early stage and middle market public companies in dozens of financing, acquisition and sale transactions for more than 20 years. He assists medtech companies with formation, equity capital raising, technology acquisition and licensing, as well as mergers and acquisitions and related matters.
Tom also advises boards of directors on fiduciary duties in connection with financing and sale transactions.
- Represented CardioInsight Technologies, Inc. in a strategic investment with an option to acquire by Medtronic.
- Represented Holaira, Inc. in a $42 million venture financing.
- Represented Lutonix, Inc. in its $325 million sale to Bard.
- Represented Tryton Medical, Inc. in a $20 million venture financing.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox Rothschild, Tom was a partner at Oppenheimer Wolff & Donnelly LLP.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Tom sits on the board of directors for Catholic Community Foundation of Minnesota, serves on its Executive Committee and is chair of the Foundation’s Grants Committee.
Honors & Awards
- Included in a list of "Best Lawyers in America" (2016)
- Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers for Minneapolis Corporate Law (2015-2016)
- Named as one of the leading Corporate/M&A attorneys in Minnesota by Chambers USA (2016)
- Included in a list of “Super Lawyers” by Super Lawyers Magazine