Chair of the firm’s medical technology practice, Tom is a veteran medtech counselor and transaction attorney who has represented early stage and middle market public companies in dozens of financing, acquisition and sale transactions for more than 20 years. He assists medtech companies with formation, equity capital raising, technology acquisition and licensing, as well as mergers and acquisitions and related matters.
Tom also advises boards of directors on fiduciary duties in connection with financing and sale transactions.
- Represented CardioInsight Technologies, Inc. in a strategic investment with an option to acquire by Medtronic.
- Represented Holaira, Inc. in a $42 million venture financing.
- Represented Lutonix, Inc. in its $325 million sale to Bard.
- Represented Tryton Medical, Inc. in a $20 million venture financing.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox Rothschild, Tom was a partner at Oppenheimer Wolff & Donnelly LLP.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Tom is vice chair of the Board of Directors of the Catholic Community Foundation of Minnesota and chair of the Executive Committee. He is also a member of the Board of Directors of The Shooting Star Foundation.
Honors & Awards
- Named among "The Best Lawyers in America" (2016)
- Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers for Minneapolis Corporate Law (2015-2016)
- Named as one of the leading Corporate/M&A attorneys in Minnesota by Chambers USA (2016-2017)
- Named a “Super Lawyer” by Super Lawyers Magazine