An experienced financial restructuring and bankruptcy attorney, Tom regularly works with the lending divisions of financial institutions, mortgage companies, equipment finance companies, trust companies, insurance companies and other creditors in commercial restructuring, workout and bankruptcy matters. He also counsels financial institutions and other businesses on consumer regulatory and legal compliance issues.
A former in-house attorney with Wells Fargo & Company, Tom has an in-depth understanding of the financial services industry. He has experience handling default servicing matters across consumer lines of business, legal and regulatory compliance matters and the management of legal risk issues in collections, bankruptcy, foreclosure and secured and unsecured claims.
- Representing a national bank in a large asset-based lending matter.
- Providing advice to a bank on a number of bankruptcy and foreclosure-related regulatory matters.
- Advising a community bank in commercial workouts and loan resolution.
Before Fox Rothschild
Tom spent more than 25 years as an in-house attorney at Wells Fargo & Company, where, as managing counsel, he supervised the in-house attorneys in the commercial restructuring and bankruptcy group nationwide. In this role, he also managed an in-house team of attorneys handling default servicing matters across consumer lines of business and worked on matters involving legal and regulatory compliance and the management of legal risk for collections, bankruptcy, foreclosure and secured and unsecured claims.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Tom frequently presents continuing legal education (CLE) seminars and has served as an adjunct profession at William Mitchell College of Law and St. Thomas Law School.
He is former chair of the Hennepin County Bar Association’s Debtor/Creditor Committee as well as a former board member and president of the Hennepin County Bar Foundation.
Honors & Awards
- Included in a list of "The Best Lawyers in America" (2017)
- Included in a list of "Super Lawyers" (2003-2008)
- Rated AV Preeminent™ by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Included in a list of the “Top 10 Bankruptcy and Workout Attorneys in Minnesota” (2001-2003)