Tim has extensive experience handling complex construction and real estate litigation and transactional matters for clients throughout Pennsylvania and New Jersey, including property owners (commercial and residential), design professionals, construction managers, contractors and real estate professionals.
Tim has been involved in some of the largest catastrophic construction matters in the Pennsylvania and New Jersey area in the past 15 years, including litigation involving:
- The Walk- successfully defended multi-million dollar claim against design professional for alleged defects in open air mall
- Tropicana collapse- successfully represented contractor in claims related to garage collapse that killed and injured several workers.
- Camden Stadium- successfully defended claims against design professional for construction defects.
- Kimmel Art Center collapse- successfully defended several design professionals against claims related to scaffolding collapse that injured several workers.
- Philadelphia Zoo fire- successfully represented design professionals related to reconstruction of primate exhibit after fire.
- Pennsylvania Convention Center- successfully represented design professionals in claims related to the construction of the new convention center in downtown Philadelphia.
- Northern State Prison collapse- successfully defended contractor relating to a pre-cast concrete wall collapse in NJ
- Liberty Two- successfully assisted in representing architects in delay claims related to a multi use construction in Center City Philadelphia
Tim also serves his clients in complex real estate transactions and real estate agency issues. He has defended real estate and design professionals in administrative proceedings in both Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
Tim provides risk management services to clients on an individual and group basis.
Tim is certified by the New Jersey Supreme Court as a Civil Trial Lawyer. This certification is bestowed by the court upon select attorneys who demonstrate sufficient levels of experience, education, knowledge and skill in a specific area of law or practice and have been recognized by their peers as having sufficient skills and reputation in the designated area of law, among other requirements.
He is also a certified instructor for New Jersey Real Estate Continuing Education and currently serves as counsel for the Atlantic City/Atlantic County Board of Realtors®.
Before Fox Rothschild
Tim was a shareholder for a regional Philadelphia law firm, where he served as Vice Chair of its Architect and Engineering Group and Co-Chair of its Real Estate Group and Professional Liability Department.
Tim served as an opinion clerk and allocatur clerk for then-Chief Justice Robert N. C. Nix, Jr., of the Pennsylvania Supreme Court. In law school at the University of Maryland, he was Darrow Chapter Justice of Phi Alpha Delta, participated in Moot Court and National Trial Advocacy Competitions, and received the John Thomas and Joseph Meyerhoff Scholarships. At the University of Scranton, Tim served as Student Government Ombudsman and received the Gunster Memorial Scholarship.
Honors & Awards
- Martindale-Hubbell "AV" rated
- Certified by the New Jersey Supreme Court as a Civil Trial Lawyer