Tyler advises lenders and borrowers in a wide variety of commercial financing transactions. He counsels clients in all phases of commercial real estate finance transactions across the country, including new construction loans, loan refinancings and acquisitions of hotels, shopping centers, multifamily housing projects, office buildings and senior living facilities.
Tyler routinely represents lenders and borrowers in asset-based lending transactions, including negotiating and drafting loan and security agreements for loans secured by personal property. He also advises financial services institutions in complex loan workouts, including foreclosures, appointment of receivers, guarantor actions and asset sales pursuant to UCC Article 9.
- Represented lenders through all phases of commercial real estate financing transactions, including:
- $41.5 million loan for the acquisition of a portfolio of hotels located in four northeastern states.
- $13.5 million loan for the construction of a Hampton Inn and Suites in Minneapolis, MN.
- $18.5 million multiphase construction loan for a multifamily housing project in Monona, WI.
- $13.8 million loan for the construction of a Radisson Hotel in Schaumburg, IL.
- $13 million loan for the acquisition and build-out of an industrial property in Plymouth, MN.
- $7.2 million mortgage loan for the acquisition of two skilled nursing facilities in Minnesota.
- Represented lenders and borrowers on asset-based lending transactions, including $15 million revolving credit facility secured by commercial real estate and personal property.
- Represented the borrower in a $29 million accounts receivable line of credit financing involving more than 40 senior living facilities across six states.
- Represented a large national loan servicing company in the workout of multiple loans secured by various types of commercial real estate, including the workout of a $30 million loan secured by an office building in Bloomington, MN, that required foreclosing on the property and seeking the appointment of a receiver to manage the property during the foreclosure process.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox, Tyler was an associate at Oppenheimer Wolff & Donnelly LLP.
While in law school, Tyler served as director of the National Moot Court Competition Team.
Honors & Awards
- Named a "Rising Star" by Super Lawyers Magazine (2016-2017)