Tyler represents public and private companies in a variety of corporate matters, including mergers and acquisitions, securities transactions, venture capital transactions, commercial lending, asset-based lending, licensing and joint venture agreements and general corporate governance.
He has significant experience with buy-side and sell-side transactions, representing companies in mergers, sales and acquisitions, including drafting and negotiating merger agreements, asset and stock purchase agreements, credit agreements, guarantee and security agreements, promissory notes, exclusivity agreements and confidentiality agreements. Tyler also drafts and negotiates stockholders agreements, employment agreements, equity incentive plans, limited partnership agreements, operating agreements, subscription agreements, management agreements and corporate governance documents.
Tyler also has experience representing lending institutions in providing senior, subordinated, secured and unsecured single-bank loans, including multiple real estate finance loans. In addition, he represents individuals and firms with venture capital raises along with issuers in private offerings of equity securities, including preparation of PPOs, subscription agreements and various ancillary and corporate governance documents.
Among the transactions on which Tyler has advised are:
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Represented the shareholders of a leading provider of foodservice dispensing solutions in the sale of equity interests to a middle market private equity firm, resulting in a partnership between the private equity firm and shareholder management.
- Represented the shareholders of an independent aggregates quarry corporation in the sale of the corporation’s and its subsidiaries’ stock to a strategic buyer using a reverse triangular merger.
- Represented a textile manufacturing corporation in the sale of the corporation’s assets to a private equity group.
- Represented the shareholders of a pipeline construction holding corporation in the sale of the corporation’s and its operating companies’ stock to a strategic buyer.
- Represented the purchaser in the acquisition of the assets of a pumping systems manufacturer serving commercial, institutional, industrial and municipal markets.
- Represented the purchaser in the acquisition of equity interests of an online retailer of exotic clothing and accessories, resulting in a partnership between the purchaser and company management.
- Represented a temperature and measurement control device manufacturing corporation in the sale of assets to a strategic buyer.
- Represented the purchaser in the acquisition of a compliance, validation and clinical staffing services corporation’s assets.
- Represented the shareholders of a medical services corporation in the sale of the corporation’s stock to a regional health group.
- Represented the purchaser in the acquisition of an automotive repair and transmission service center’s assets.
- Represented the shareholders of a waste oil collection corporation in the sale of the corporation’s stock to a local oil recycling company.
- Led a team of attorneys in the representation of a daily fantasy analytics company specializing in providing sports modeling tools to daily fantasy sports players in series seed, preferred equity financing.
- Represented an established data encryption company specializing in encryption of mobile devices in the acquisition of later-stage financing.
- Represented a corporation specializing in the provision of grid protection and monitoring systems servicer to electric utilities and independent power producers in convertible debt financing.
- Represented a corporation specializing in organic insect repellants in convertible debt financing.
Banking and Credit
- Represented a regional real estate holding partnership in the purchase of partnership interests of a real estate partnership holding portfolio of 30 commercial properties through the use of senior, subordinated and bridge loan financing.
- Represented a publicly traded lending institution in the front-end construction and real estate finance loan to Florida-based real estate developers and hotel owners.
- Represented regional banks in multiple $500,000 to $10 million acquisition and construction loans to regional real estate developers.
- Represented multiple limited partnerships specializing in ownership of viatical settlements in private placements of partnership interests.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox Rothschild, Tyler was an associate at a national law firm as well as a Pennsylvania-based law firm.
While in law school, Tyler was a legal intern for an investment banking firm and an East Coast law firm as well as a legal extern for Viacom Inc. and MTV Networks Business and Legal Affairs Department. Tyler also served as senior notes editor for the Cardozo Journal of International and Comparative Law.