Vincent has more than 45 years of extensive experience in civil litigation and alternative dispute resolution. He served as Special Master and Special Master Liaison to the United States District Court for the District of Delaware in patent and antitrust matters from September 2004 to December 2011. He previously served as Special Master in pending matters and in all asbestos cases in the District Court. He also serves as a Special Master in the Delaware Superior Court Commercial Litigation Division.Among the cases he had handled:
- Micron Technologies, Inc. v. Rambus, Inc., a patent infringement case involving microprocessor technology.
- St. Clair Intellectual Property Consultants, Inc. v. Canon, Inc. et al., a patent infringement case alleging infringement of four patents related to digital camera technology.
- Commissariat a L'Energie Atomique v. Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. et al., a patent infringement case involving the design and manufacture of liquid crystal displays (LCDs).
- Kyphon Inc. v. Disc-O-Tech Medical Technologies, Ltd. et al., a patent infringement case involving spinal surgery devices.
- LG Philips LCD Company Ltd. v. Tatung Company et al., a patent infringement case involving flat panel display technology.
- Honeywell International Inc. and Honeywell Intellectual Properties, Inc. v. Audiovox Communications Corp. et al., a patent infringement case involving LCD apparatus that claimed to provide enhanced brightness and clarity.
- Advanced Micro Devices v. Intel Corporation, an antitrust case alleging monopoly by Intel in the microprocessors market.
- Phil Paul v. Intel Corporation, a consumer class action antitrust case.
- In Re Intel Corporation Microprocessor Antitrust Litigation
- ProMos Technologies, Inc. v. Freescale Semiconductor, Inc., a patent infringement case involving semiconductor processes and circuits.
- Sun Microsystems, Inc. v. Versata, Inc. et al., a patent infringement case involving patents covering various methods, systems, processes, or apparatuses for managing different types of website user-generated data.
- Apeldyn Corporation v. AU Optronics Corporation et al., a patent infringement case involving LCD technology that claimed to improve the response time of liquid crystal material in LCD modules, thereby improving picture quality.
- Synchrome Technology Inc. v. Pioneer Electronics et al., a patent infringement case involving data archival systems for use with computer systems.
- OSI Pharmaceuticals, Inc. et al. v. Teva Pharmaceuticals USA, Inc., an ANDA patent infringement case involving a generic version of the anti-cancer drug Tarceva®.
- The Medicines Company v. Teva Parenteral Medicines et al., an ANDA patent infringement case involving generic versions of the anticoagulant drug Angiomax®.
- Bayer Schering Pharma AG et al. v. Lupin Ltd. et al., an ANDA patent infringement case involving a generic version of Cipro® Oral suspension.
- Everglased Interactive, LLC v. PLaydom, Inc. et al., a patent infringement case involving a method patent directed to online gaming.
- Hudson’s Bay Company Luxembourg S.A.R.L. v. JZ LLC, a complex commercial litigation matter.
- In the matter of Sandelman Partners Multi-Strategy Fund LP; Sandelman Partners Opportunity Fund LLC, petitioned for appointment of a receiver for Sandelman Partners Multi-Strategy Fund LP and Sandelman Partners Opportunity Fund LLC so the entities could be liquidated.
Vincent also serves as an arbitrator, mediator and neutral assessor for the Superior Court of Delaware, a mediator for the Delaware Court of Chancery; a mediator for the Delaware District Court in bankruptcy appeals; and a mediator and arbitrator for the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Delaware. In addition, he serves as Delaware Counsel to corporations in patent infringement case in the District of Delaware.
Before Fox Rothschild
Vincent has served in various capacities in Delaware courts. He is a former chief judge of the Family Court of Delaware, former resident judge of the New Castle County Superior Court and former associate judge of the Superior Court of Delaware. He is also a retired colonel in the Air National Guard, where he served as the staff judge advocate, and a retired captain in the U.S. Air Force, where he served as an assistant staff judge advocate.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Vincent is a former Distinguished Lecturer in Electronic Discovery at Widener University School of Law.
He serves as chair of the Violence Against Women Act Implementation Committee and co-chair of the Fatal Incident Review Team of the State of Delaware. Vincent also serves as a Due Process Panel Chair for the Delaware Department of Education.
In 2003, the Vincent J. Poppiti Music Scholarship Fund was established in his honor at the Cab Calloway School of the Arts where he served as Chairman of the Advisory Board for 10 years.
Mediation/Arbitration: Resolution of Disputes Beyond the Courtroom
Vincent J. Poppiti and Mian R. Wang presented “Mediation/Arbitration: Resolution of Disputes Beyond the Courtroom” as part of a series of seminars hosted by the Delaware Chinese American Association (DCAA). The goal of the seminar, which was conducted in Chinese and English, was to bring awareness to alternate methods of dispute resolution, demonstrate how mediation and arbitration promote efficiency and fairness, and explain the processes of both.
Download the Presentation (PDF file).
Honors & Awards
- Named one of the "Top Lawyers" for Alternative Dispute Resolution by Delaware Today (2016)
- Selected as "Arbitration Lawyer of the Year in Wilmington" by Best Lawyers (2014-2015)
- Named one of the Delaware Intellectual Property "Super Lawyers" (2010, 2011, 2012)
- Named one of the “Super Lawyers Business Edition” in the area of Business Litigation (2013)
- Named one of "The Best Lawyers in America" in the area of Arbitration and Mediation (2009-2018)
- Recipient of 20th annual Gerald E. Kandler Memorial Award for his commitment to ensuring the rights of individuals and for his dedication to the cause of civil liberties, American Civil Liberties Union in Delaware
- Recipient of Educational Achievement for Instruction in “How To Plan and Design Efficient Court Facilities With an Emphasis on Family Court,” University of Wisconsin Madison College of Engineering (1999)
- Recipient of first annual William H. Rehnquist Award for Judicial Excellence, National Center of State Court (1996)
- Recipient of Community Award in Recognition of Contribution to the Infant Mortality Symposium and Town Meetings, Perinatal Association of Delaware (1995)
- Recipient of the Award for Excellence for Committee Health Betterment in Preventing Youth and Family Violence, Delaware Public Health Association (1994)
- Recipient of J. Thompson Brown Award for Outstanding Contributions to Family Life in Delaware, Family and Children Services of Delaware, Inc. (1994)
- Elected to Order of the Coif while in law school