W is an experienced trial attorney who focuses his practice on business disputes, construction matters, real estate litigation and noncompete litigation. He is Board Certified by The Florida Bar in Construction Law and has brought numerous trials to successful verdicts.
W is an accomplished business litigator who represents both plaintiffs and defendants in state and federal courts in shareholder disputes, contract disputes, banking litigation, fraud claims, Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) claims and other commercial disputes. Additionally, W has experience with representing business clients in relation to defamation claims and violations of the Florida Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices Act.
- Successfully represented national banking institution at trial by obtaining a complete defense verdict on numerous UCC claims.
- Obtained a complete defense verdict acting as second chair in a JAMS arbitration involving numerous claims alleged against health care provider.
- Successfully obtained final summary judgment in numerous claims against life insurance company.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of a ship owner on multi-million dollar indemnification and subrogation claims brought by numerous insurance companies relating to payments made for an award in a Jones Act personal injury case.
Board Certified by The Florida Bar in Construction Law, W represents developers, contractors, subcontractors, design professionals and residential property owners in construction defect, contract and lien enforcement claims in state and federal court. He has extensive experience in litigating claims related to A.I.A. contract documents and insurance coverage issues. W has litigated construction disputes in federal, state and administrative fora.
- Served as lead trial attorney for a Florida general contractor in a breach of contract dispute at trial where he obtained a complete defense verdict in litigation pertaining to two municipal construction projects impacted by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009.
- Negotiated a nominal settlement amount for a land planning and landscape architecture firm on indemnification claims brought by national home builder and developer relating to placement of recreational facilities in a large PUD.
- Successfully negotiated the resolution of a dispute on behalf of a Palm Beach Island condominium association involving claims related to a multi-million dollar building restoration project.
Noncompete and Restrictive Covenant Litigation
W represents employers in disputes involving restrictive covenants including noncompetition agreements and confidentiality. W has litigated the enforceability of noncompetition and confidentiality agreements in state and federal courts. W also has significant experience in matters involving misappropriation of trade secretes including customer lists and proprietary information.
- Served as lead attorney on behalf of numerous businesses in dispute relating to enforceability of noncompete and confidentiality agreements.
- Successfully argued at evidentiary hearings on motions for temporary injunction on behalf of employers in connection with non-compete agreements.
Real Estate Litigation
W represents both institutional lenders and individuals in real estate disputes including mortgage foreclosures and landlord-tenant matters. W has significant experience in litigating claims and defenses arising under the Truth in Lending Act, Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, Equal Credit Opportunity Act, Fair Housing Act and Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. W has successfully argued summary judgment motions and obtained trial verdicts for clients in a variety of real estate matters.
- Served as lead trial attorney on behalf of an individual in a dispute relating to the purchase of numerous investment properties.
- Successfully obtained numerous final judgments of foreclosure in contested residential foreclosure actions.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox, W was an associate at a Florida full-service law firm where he counseled a wide range of clients in commercial, construction and maritime related matters. During law school, he served as managing editor of the Tulane Journal of International and Comparative Law. Before practicing law, W served as creative director for a prominent event management company where he developed and implemented marketing campaigns for international trade events for the flooring industry.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
W is dedicated to bar association service and was recently elected to the Board of Directors of the North County Section of the Palm Beach County Bar Association. Additionally, the Palm Beach County Board of Commissioners appointed W to a two year term on the Groundwater and Natural Resources Protection Board. W is an active member of the Board of Trustees of the Craig S. Barnard American Inn of Court where he is presently serving as the programming chair. Additionally, he is a member of the Federal Bar Association, Associated Builders and Contractors and the Young Professionals of the Palm Beaches, Chamber of Commerce of the Palm Beaches.