Bill is a seasoned litigator and trial attorney with extensive experience in commercial, auditor malpractice, director and officer, trade secret, tax, real property valuation cases and complex bankruptcy litigation matters. Bill also serves as a trusted advisor to his clients providing strategic guidance on various corporate, contract and employment matters, and has secured multimillion-dollar recoveries in jury and bench trials across the country.
Bill has successfully:
- Won $420 million judgment against FDIC, affirmed by the Third Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Secured $373 million settlement against the United States government in tax litigation in Court of Federal Claims.
- Obtained $17 million jury verdict in a fraudulent transfer trial in the United States District Court for the District of the Virgin Islands.
- Represented Trustee of bank holding company against directors and officers and secured $5.25 million settlement.
- Secured jury verdict for commercial entity in condemnation case in which verdict exceeded estimated just compensation.
- Represented Trustee in multiple trials securing judgments requiring the turnover of approximately $10 million in property.
- Won trial against the FDIC to secure court approval for $12 million hedge fund investment in pending litigation matter.
- Secured a compensation award for a landowner that was twice the highest valuation in any completed appraisal in the case.
Bill is a member of the firm’s Diversity Committee as well as its Emergency Relief Team, which secures injunctive and other emergency relief for Fox Rothschild clients.
Before Fox Rothschild
Bill worked as an investigator and victims advocate for the Office of the Attorney General in Kentucky. He also managed a cattle operation in Southern Indiana.
In law school, Bill was a member of the editorial staff of the Boston College International and Comparative Law Review and the winner of the 1995 Boston College Law School Mock Trial Competition and was selected for the law school’s 1995–96 National Mock Trial Team.
Following his undergraduate study, Bill was a Herbert Scoville Fellow in Washington, DC.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Bill has testified as an expert witness regarding property rights in hearings on eminent domain cases. He served as an appointed Adjunct Professor at the Beasley School of Law at Temple University. Bill is a former board member of the finance committee of Women’s Way, a fundraising coalition that supports services for women in the Philadelphia area and a Trustee for Germantown Friends Monthly Meeting. He is a former board member of Jefferson Townhouses Corp. and the Support Center for Child Advocates.
Honors & Awards
- Recipient of the "Pro Bono Roll of Honor" award from the First Judicial District of Pennsylvania
- Included in a list of Pennsylvania “Super Lawyers” (2012-2016)
- Included in “Super Lawyers Business Edition” in the area of Business Litigation (2013)