Bill counsels a varied clientele regarding all types of business transactions, including:
- casino regulation
- acquisitions and dispositions
- real estate
- corporate and real estate finance
- venture structure
- entity formation and governance
Bill practices regularly before the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement, New Jersey Casino Control Commission, the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board and the Pennsylvania Harness Racing Commission representing casino and racetrack owners and operators, gaming industry lenders, casino executives, gaming equipment manufacturers, shop keepers, outside vendors and contractors and financiers. He has extensive experience in the prosecution of license applications before regulatory bodies, operational issues, gaming and simulcast floor configuration, financing transactions, and regulatory review and contested enforcement matters. Bill also has significant experience in drafting and negotiating employment and professional services agreements.
Recent Representative Matters
- Regulatory and local transactional counsel to:
- Lenders and Joint Bookrunning Managers in making $185 million First Lien Revolving Credit and Term Loan and concurrent issuance and sale of $275 million principal amount of Senior Secured Notes issued by affiliates of a Pennsylvania casino licensee.
- Purchasers in issuance and sale of $235 million principal amount of Senior Secured Notes issued by affiliates of a Pennsylvania casino licensee.
- Lenders/Administrative Agent in connection with $493.25 million Senior Secured Credit Facility to operator of multiple Atlantic City, New Jersey casino hotel facilities.
- Dealer Managers in connection with consummation of an exchange offer and consent solicitation for approximately $961.8 million in aggregate principal amount of Notes issued by a Native American tribal authority and its affiliates operating a Pennsylvania casino and racetrack facility.
- Borrowers/Issuers in connection with $390 million First Lien Senior Secured Credit Facility and $175 million Second Lien Senior Secured Term Loan to operators of a Pennsylvania casino and racetrack facility.
- Multi-jurisdictional representation of large, privately-held, multi-branded retail operator in connection with leasing and casino regulatory matters, including lease of approximately 12,000 square feet of retail space in Atlantic City’s Borgata Hotel, Casino and Spa.
- Representation of multiple Pennsylvania racetrack operators in negotiation and implementation of Live Racing Agreements with their respective horsemen’s associations.
- Negotiation and preparation of Local Promoter Agreements on behalf of Atlantic City casino licensee sponsor regarding A-list concert performers appearing at Atlantic City’s Boardwalk Hall.
- Representation of game developer in drafting and obtaining approval of rules and regulations for Lunar Poker®, a new variant of card game Caribbean Stud Poker.
Before Fox Rothschild
Bill was a shareholder and director in the Atlantic City office of a Trenton-based law firm.
Honors & Awards
- Martindale-Hubbell "AV" rated