Bill is the Former Office Managing Partner of the firm's Pittsburgh office and a member of the firm's Executive Committee.
Bill has focused on resolving business disputes for more than 20 years, emphasizing preventive strategy when possible and litigation when necessary. Among his ongoing clients are:
- Middle-market businesses with sales of at least $2 million, of which he has represented more than 100 in the past 4 years
- Small- to medium-size manufacturers
- Health care practice groups
Co-Chair of the Pittsburgh office litigation group, Bill handles general and complex commercial matters for a variety of clients. He has substantial trial and appellate experience in federal court, state courts, and AAA arbitrations in:
- Shareholder and partnership disputes
- Professional license disputes
- Copyright infringement matters
- Protection of confidential business information and trade secrets
- Restrictive covenants and business non-compete issues
- Contract and business disputes
- Various health law matters, including False Claims Act and misbranded drug disputes
Bill’s experience also includes:
- Serving as a court-appointed corporate custodian in connection with shareholder disputes
- Representing health care providers in False Claims Act and qui tam litigation and negotiations
- Drafting and enforcing prenuptial and cohabitation agreements
- Representing title insurance companies in their efforts to recover misappropriated settlement funds
- Representing a major bar association as an amicus in the Pennsylvania Supreme Court where it was determined the attorney-client privilege attaches not just to communications made by clients to attorneys, but also by attorneys to clients
- Handling matters of first impression on the appellate level, including successfully invalidating an arbitration clause in an executed trust agreement to protect an individual’s civil rights
- Representing clients in health law litigation and negotiations
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Bill has presented programs for the Pennsylvania Bar Institute on various business litigation matters. He has also lectured on protection of business trade secrets and alternative dispute resolution techniques.
As a past chairperson of the Allegheny County Bar Association Appellate Law Committee, Bill has planned and served as a moderator for CLE programs involving justices, judges and personnel from each of the Pennsylvania appellate courts.
Bill is currently co-chair of the Allegheny County Bar Foundation's Attorneys Against Hunger Committee.
Honors & Awards
- Received the Jefferson Award for Public Service for his leadership in the Allegheny County Bar Foundation’s Attorneys Against Hunger campaign (2014-2015)
- Named a "Super Lawyer" by Philadelphia Magazine and Law & Politics Magazine (2007-2017)
- Named to “Super Lawyers Business Edition” in the area of Business Litigation (2013)