Co-chair of the firm’s Financial Services Industry Practice, Mark is a seasoned corporate attorney with more than three decades of experience representing and guiding clients in a wide range of strategic corporate, securities, real estate and financing transactions, with a particular focus in municipal finance.
Corporate and Securities
Mark routinely structures, negotiates and documents the public and private placement of a variety of securities offerings as well as handles loan restructurings and defaulted bond workouts on behalf of issuers, indenture trustees and bondholders. He also counsels a range of corporate clients on their reporting obligations under the Securities Exchange Act and on general corporate and contract matters.
Financial institutions, municipalities and other governmental authorities as well as educational institutions consider Mark a trusted adviser in infrastructure, affordable housing and Mello-Roos and Marks Roos financings utilizing bond or certificate of participation structures. He routinely acts as bond and underwriter's counsel, credit and liquidity provider's counsel and indenture trustee's counsel.
Mark handles all types of real estate transactions, representing syndicators, developers and owners in projects such as shopping centers, office buildings, warehouse distribution facilities, multifamily and residential property. He has represented numerous syndication companies, lenders, investment funds and others in a variety of acquisitions, dispositions and securities offerings and sale-leaseback arrangements.
Represented Black Knight Sports and Entertainment LLC in connection with successful effort to bring expansion hockey team, Vegas Golden Knights, to Las Vegas, Nevada. Team officially became an operational member of the National Hockey League and an expansion franchise in Las Vegas on March 1, 2017.
Served as issuers, underwriters and trustees counsel in numerous public offerings over a broad range of projects.
- Represented numerous borrowers and financial institutions in secured and unsecured financings.
- Represented Tenant In Common sponsors and investment funds in acquisition of various commercial real estate projects pursuant to which the sponsor identified and acquired real estate projects throughout the United States.
- Negotiated the complex loans acquisition financing and structured and administered the acquisition by tenants in common of the real estate.
- Represented indenture trustees in defaulted debt securities relating to companies in a wide range of industries.
- Represented a financial institution providing credit enhancement to major airport and multi-family housing projects.
- Represented financial advisors in connection with rendering fairness opinions.
- Represented Fidelity National Financial Ventures (NYSE: FNFV) on the spinoff of its J. Alexander’s Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: JAX) subsidiary in a highly valued transaction. The newly spun-off public company is now listed on The New York Stock Exchange. JAX owns and operates three complementary upscale dining restaurant concepts throughout the United States that trade under the names “J. Alexander’s,” “Redlands Grill” and “Stoney River Steakhouse and Grill.”
Before Fox Rothschild
During law school, Mark served as notes editor for the Cardozo Arts and Entertainment Law Journal.
Honors & Awards
- Named to the Los Angeles Business Journal's “Who’s Who in Real Estate Law" (2013)
- Recipient, National Jewish Hospital Humanitarian Award (June 2012)