Fox's Affordable Housing team has closed on numerous RAD transactions from single developments to portfolio conversions. These transactions have included simple conversions, conversions with both 4% and 9% LIHTC financing, as well as RAD conversions involving existing public housing sites and mixed-finance developments and "Transfers of Assistance".
We have also worked with syndicators, banks, state and local agencies, and private entities in connection with the successful development and financing of affordable housing.
Our attorneys also advise clients on tax and business issues related to mixed-finance development. Our team has organized development partnerships and nonprofit entities (including 501(c) tax exempt organizations) and understands HUD’s Notice regarding Affiliates and Instrumentalities.
We have extensive experience working on:
- Rental Assistance Demonstration (RAD)
- Low-Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTC)
- Choice Neighborhoods Initiative
- Community Development Block Grants (CDBG)
- HOME Investment Partnership Grants
- Federal Home Loan Bank funds
- Historic Tax Credits
- HOPE VI Grants
- Condominium Structures
- Mixed-Finance Development
- Quality Housing and Work Responsibility Act of 1998
- Moving-To-Work program
- New Market Tax Credits
- Section 8 vouchers and Section 108 loans
- Streamlined Voluntary Conversions/Asset Repositioning
- HUD/FHA Multifamily Loan Programs
- Tax Exempt Bond Financing, including 4% LIHTC and Fannie Mae M.TEB
- Tax Increment Financing and other local Tax Exemption, PILOT or Tax Abatement programs
- Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Forward Commitments (9% LIHTC and Workforce Housing)