Alex provides employment counseling, advice and litigation services to clients across a broad span of industries.
He frequently appears before the state and federal courts in North Carolina, and has handled or appeared in cases in Georgia and South Carolina as well as California, Connecticut, Delaware, Kentucky, Maryland and New York.
"Even though I've watched webinars and read white papers on the topics addressed, it's not until Alex and Patti [Ramseur] shared their insights that I feel a confidence in my understanding of the key issues."
~ Labor and Employment client, 2017
In his role as a counselor, Alex helps clients make management decisions with company-wide impact, and resolve complaints and issues affecting individual employees. He regularly advises clients on how to comply with regulations, implement effective internal policies and procedures, address internal and external complaints, manage contentious personnel issues, and minimize litigation risks associated with difficult personnel decisions.
Clients also engage Alex to develop executive employment and compensation agreements and to draft and litigate nondisclosure, noncompetition, and nonsolicitation agreements—all key business tools for recruiting and retaining managers and for minimizing loss when employees depart.
In addition, Alex has experience representing clients with unionized workforces, having handled grievances alleging the breach of collective bargaining agreements, arbitrated disputes over union representation, defended and prosecuted charges before the National Labor Relations Board, been involved in strike negotiations and assisted in Union avoidance campaigns.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Alex is active in a number of civic and community activities. He served a two-year term as Chair of the Board of Communities in Schools of Greater Greensboro, worked on the Board of The Barnabas Network, serves on the Board of Goodwill Industries of Central Carolina, and counsels numerous non-profit organizations. In addition, Alex has served on numerous committees of the North Carolina Bar Association, including as a member of the Labor and Employment Section Council.
Honors & Awards
- North Carolina Super Lawyers, Listed Labor and Employment (2007-2019)
- Selected to Super Lawyers Business Edition list, Labor and Employment (2013-2015)
- Recognized by Chambers and Partners, USA, as one of North Carolina Leaders, Labor & Employment (2015-2017)
- Named to "The Best Lawyers in America" list for Employment Law-Management (2009-2020) and Litigation-Labor & Employment (2012-2020) in North Carolina by Best Lawyers
- Martindale-Hubbell's top ("AV") Peer Review Rating
- Recognized in Business North Carolina's Legal Elite for Labor and Employment (2004, 2006-2012, 2014-2019)
- Selected for inclusion in Super LawyersCorporate Counsel Edition, 2010