As a member of the firm’s Corporate Department, Alex represents companies, entrepreneurs and investors on diverse corporate and transactional matters, with an emphasis on:
- Entity formation, management and growth
- Private placement offerings, including seed, angel and venture capital financings
- Commercial contract negotiation
- Mergers and acquisitions
Alex provides strategic advice and outside general counsel services to companies across a range of industries and in all stages of development, including advising on corporate governance, capitalization and organizational matters, legal compliance, financing and borrowing, business expansion, employment and equity compensation, intellectual property protection, private placements and mergers and acquisitions.
- Represented a software company in $40 million sale of 50 percent of its stock to a private equity firm.
- Represented a restaurant holding company in complex $30 million private placement offering of debt and equity securities.
- Represented NanoRacks, partnering with Boeing in a transaction to build and install the first commercial airlock module on the International Space Station. Price not disclosed. Read More
- Represented Humanwell Healthcare Group and PuraCap Pharmaceutical LLC on the acquisition of Epic Pharma for $550 million. Read More
- Represented a real estate firm on various private placement offerings for real estate investments across multiple asset sectors, including industrial, retail, self-storage and office.
- Represented a technology startup in $4 million Series A offering.
- Represented a medical device startup in $3 million convertible note offering.
- Represented an online retailer in $1.2 million capital raise and Delaware LLC to corporation conversion.
- Represented a laboratory in an asset acquisition and employment matters.
- Represented the founder of a medical instrument and device manufacturer in sale of business to next generation as part of estate and business succession plan.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining the firm, Alex was a law clerk for the Honorable Franklin S. Van Antwerpen of the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
While in law school, Alex served as research editor for Temple Law Review for which he received the J. Howard Reber Memorial Award for Editing. He was also a research assistant to Professor David A. Hoffman, with whom he co-authored “Instructing Juries on Noneconomic Contract Damages,” published in Fordham Law Review. Alex graduated summa cum laude and was inducted into the Order of the Coif honor society.
Alex contributes to the firm’s Emerging Companies Insider blog, which focuses on recent and developing areas of the law affecting startup and emerging growth companies and their investors, including choice of entity, shareholders’ agreements, issuance of equity to employees, preparing for and executing a capital raise, exit strategies and the JOBS Act and its impact on how companies can and should raise capital from investors.
Alex is also among the contributors to the firm's Franchise Law Update blog, which highlights not only the regulatory aspects of franchising but also diverse topics such as business finance, employment, litigation and the protection of intellectual property, including trademarks and copyrights. Alex is ranked as a “very popular” author by Mondaq across many sectors, including contracts and commercial law and litigation, mediation and arbitration.
Honors & Awards
- M&A Deal of the Year (From $10MM to $25MM) for the Acquisition of Nelson Pipeline by Beirne Pipeline Holdings partnered with Axis Private Equity (2015)
- Faculty Award for Academic Achievement
- Stewart P. Keeling Award
- J. Howard Reber Memorial Award for Editing, Temple Law Review
- Josef Jaffe Corporate Scholarship
- Honorable I. Raymond Kremer Memorial Scholarship