Allen has extensive experience in complex Chapter 11 and Chapter 7 bankruptcy cases, bankruptcy litigation and appeals, receiverships, assignments for the benefit of creditors and out-of-court restructurings.He represents debtors, business owners, trustees, secured creditors, trade creditors, landlords, asset purchasers, receivers and assignees in a wide variety of insolvency related matters.
Allen also represents parties in interest in bankruptcy-related litigation and adversary proceedings.
Allen's recent experience includes:
- Confirmation of a Chapter 11 Plan of Reorganization for Mid-City Parking, Inc.
- Successful Chapter 11 going-concern sales of Bachrach Clothing, Inc., and Appliance Control Group, Inc., a national manufacturer of combustion related components for the gas cooking appliance industry
- Representation of Chapter 7 trustees in IFC Credit Corp. (Illinois), Jore Corporation (Montana), and Mego Financial Corp.(Nevada), Nanovation Technologies and McCook Metals (Illinois)
- Representation of the Receiver for the Plitt Company of Chicago
Before Fox Rothschild
Allen was a member of Shaw Fishman Glantz & Towbin LLC, which merged with Fox Rothschild in 2018.
Honors & Awards
- Named an "Illinois Super Lawyer" by Law & Politics magazine