Andrew is a skilled real estate and corporate attorney who focuses his practice on commercial real estate transactions, with an emphasis on retail, mixed-use, multifamily and industrial projects.
He has extensive experience with all types of commercial leases for both landlords and tenants (i.e. office, retail, restaurants, cell towers, industrial, life sciences and build-to-suit).
Andrew prepares and negotiates agreements for both buyers and sellers involving the acquisition and sale, financing, property management and development of real estate assets for a wide range of projects. He advises clients on real estate matters such as corporate and personal guaranties, assignments and subleasing, non-judicial foreclosure, default rights and remedies, easements, due diligence investigations, and restrictive covenants.
In addition, Andrew counsels clients in the legalized marijuana market regarding leasing and related real estate issues for their cannabis facilities. He also provides business counseling on corporate governance issues, entity formation, and operating agreements involving real estate projects.
Representative Clients and Services
First-class shopping centers and mixed-use projects (both owners and tenants)
- Negotiation and preparation of retail and restaurant leases
- Negotiation and preparation of “last mile” warehouse and distribution centers for national tenants
- Advice regarding exclusives, co-tenancy, subleasing and guaranties
- Work letters and related tenant improvement issues
Land owners and developers
- Purchase and sale of vacant land
- Development of mixed-use, multifamily and industrial projects
- Advice regarding title and due diligence issues
Technology and aerospace companies
- Negotiation and preparation of build-to-suit leases
- Negotiation and preparation of office leases
Companies of all sizes (closely held, private and publicly traded companies)
- Purchase and sale of commercial buildings for both buyers and sellers
- Negotiation and preparation of documents for the purchase of single family lots for homebuilders
- Negotiation and preparation of office and warehouse leases
- Negotiation and preparation of cell tower leases
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox, Andrew was a principal with Riddell Williams.
Andrew began his legal career as a judicial law clerk for two years at the Washington Court of Appeals, Division II. While in law school, he served as senior articles editor of the Administrative Law Review.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Andrew is a member of the Downtown Seattle Association’s Third Avenue Committee, which is working on improvements to this important downtown corridor in cooperation with public and private stakeholders. He’s a longstanding member of the Seattle Rotary Club and a former co-chair of the International Service Committee, which provides grants for international service projects, such as malaria prevention efforts in Tanzania. He’s also a former member of the board of directors for an international education nonprofit.
He also regularly provides pro bono assistance to local nonprofits, such as amending bylaws and counseling on various real estate issues.
Honors & Awards
- Named to Washington's “Super Lawyers Rising Stars” (2014)
- Recipient, Pro Bono Publico Commendation from the Washington State Bar Association