Andrew is co-chair of the firm's Class Actions group and represents corporations in an array of sophisticated litigation matters. He provides strategic counsel regarding intellectual property issues, including trademarks, brand protection and patent infringement, as well as advertising, consumer fraud and warranty issues.
As a trial lawyer, Andrew frequently serves as lead counsel in complex intellectual property, advertising and consumer fraud litigation. He often defends clients facing significant consumer and securities class actions and serves as lead counsel in numerous matters successfully tried to juries, judges, arbitrators and administrative law judges throughout the United States. Andrew also provides media counseling, conducts internal investigations and help companies devise and implement proactive policies to avoid and mitigate the risk of litigation.
Won a complete defense verdict after a lengthy trial of a $150 million damage claim stemming from breach of contract and false advertising claims under the Lanham Act.
Obtained a significant ruling before the New Jersey Supreme Court on an area of law of first impression that will result in the dismissal of dozens of class action lawsuits
Secured complete defense wins in:
- class actions based on manufacturing and design defects
- several nationwide fraud class actions
- class actions based on alleged federal and state statutory violations
- numerous consumer fraud and warranty class actions
- class actions based upon alleged pricing fraud
Successfully brought or defended:
- trademark and counterfeiting claims against companies purchasing products from Chinese manufacturers
- numerous false advertising and trademark infringement lawsuits
- patent infringement lawsuits
- trade secret and noncompete lawsuits
- breach of contract and business tort claims in numerous cases
- numerous arbitrations on behalf of businesses
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox, Andrew was a partner at Oppenheimer Wolff & Donnelly LLP.