Ankita is a corporate and transactional attorney who helps clients negotiate, design and execute mergers, acquisitions and sales, and provides practical advice on a wide range of business matters such as entity formation, capitalization and management.
Startups and other small-to-midsize companies rely on Ankita for advice on entity formation and other key business decisions such as the design of operating agreements and implementation of privacy policies. She has also represented medical practices and other health care entities in connection with various corporate and transactional matters.
Ankita’s experience includes representing companies in a wide range of industries including manufacturing, financial services, health care and legal cannabis at all stages in the merger, acquisition and sales process, from due diligence to the closing table.
- Represented TerrAscend Corp. in the $250 million acquisition of Ilera Healthcare, one of five vertically-integrated cannabis cultivator, processor and dispensary operators in Pennsylvania.
- Represented a Mid-Atlantic-based representative agent of industrial and institutional cleaning product manufacturers in its sale to a similar representative agency, creating a combined company offering services throughout the East Coast and southeastern U.S.
- Represented financial services and insurance firm in its sale to a publicly-held diversified financial services firm.
- Represented a leading supplier of industrial sand to the oil and gas industry in its purchase of a producer of proppant delivery and vertical storage equipment used in oil and gas exploration and extraction.
- Represented dermatology and cosmetic surgery center in its sale to a regional dermatology group.
- Represented a Canadian medical cannabis company and its hemp products subsidiary in the purchase of a leading producer and distributor of hemp-derived wellness products.
- Represented an investment group in purchasing a 50 percent membership interest in a New Jersey adult day care provider.
- Regularly represents auto repair franchisee groups in their purchases of individual auto repair businesses.
Before Fox Rothschild
Ankita was previously a summer associate at the firm. Before joining Fox, she was a legal intern at Verizon Communications. Ankita also worked as a paralegal and legal secretary at a law firm in Woodbridge, New Jersey and as a summer intern for a firm in Hackensack, New Jersey.
As a law student, Ankita was articles editor for the Rutgers Law Review. She was also among the first group of students to obtain a Corporate & Business Law Certificate in recognition of their successful completion of a structured curriculum in corporate and business law.