The Aviation Industry and Whistleblowers in Turbulent Times
The COVID-19 pandemic has wreaked havoc on aviation companies in many ways. Although layoffs, furloughs, pay reductions or other measures are unavoidable, such actions carry risk because the extensive safety regulations governing the industry present fertile ground for whistleblower claims. Now more than ever, it is imperative that employers know how to navigate the minefield of state and federal whistleblower protection laws and protect themselves from expensive-to-defend and potentially large-dollar-liability retaliation lawsuits.
Join Mark Tabakman and Morgan Campbell for an in-depth discussion of whistleblower laws affecting the aviation industry, and practical solutions for avoiding and resolving claims.
Among the topics we will discuss are:
- State and federal whistleblower protection laws
- Protected conduct, remedies and defenses
- Proactive strategies to keep disputes from getting out of control
- Special considerations for publicly traded companies
- Hypothetical scenarios/quizzes and actual cases