Barb is Co-Chair of the firm's Trademarks practice group and assists companies in securing and enforcing their trademark rights both in the United States and internationally. She regularly advises clients in copyright law and licensing and the related areas of advertising compliance, false advertising, unfair competition and rights of publicity and privacy.
Barb has extensive experience counseling clients in the areas of U.S. and international trademark clearance, registration and enforcement, brand development and management, trademark registration strategy, trademark and copyright infringement disputes, domain name issues, sweepstakes and contest rules and copyright registrations for software and databases. She has handled numerous trademark oppositions and cancellations before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office Trademark Trial and Appeal Board. Barb has particular experience with clients in the medical device, consumer goods, publishing, digital and information security and computer software fields.
- Responsible for thousands of U.S. and international trademark applications and registrations.
- Took over pending trademark applications and successfully overcame repeated refusals to register a client’s house mark.
- Assisted a major U.S. software company in successfully defending against trademark infringement claim in the Netherlands (on appeal).
- Assisted a major U.S. home goods client in successfully recovering infringing domain name and shutting down infringing online sales on multiple websites.
- Successfully pursued numerous online infringements of client’s certification mark.
- Negotiated and drafted license and co-existence agreements in connection with the proposed divestiture of a product line with a significant U.S. and international trademark portfolio.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox, Barb was a partner at Oppenheimer Wolff & Donnelly LLP.
Honors & Awards
- Named to the Lexology Client Choice Report for Intellectual Property: Trademarks, Minneapolis (2020)
- Named to the World Trademark Review 1000 (2017-2019)
- Named a “Minnesota Icon” by Minnesota Lawyer and Finance & Commerce (2018)
- Named a "Global Leader" for Trademarks by Who's Who Legal (2019 and prior years)
- Named among the “Top Women Attorneys in Minnesota” by Super Lawyers Magazine & Mpls/St. Paul Magazine (2014-2015)
- Named among the “Women Leaders in the Law” by ALM and Fortune Magazine (2015)
- Named a “Super Lawyer” by Super Lawyers Magazine (2004-2014)
- Named in “Top 40 in Intellectual Property Law” and “Top 100 Women Super Lawyers” by Super Lawyers Magazine
- Fellow of the American Bar Association
- Martindale-Hubbell® “AV” Rated