Brian is a skilled, experienced real estate attorney who represents a broad range of commercial landlords, tenants, buyers, sellers and receivership companies. He serves as Co-Chair of the firm’s Retail Industry Practice Group.
His clients have included one of the nation’s largest banks; the owner/operator of a major suburban Philadelphia shopping mall, the receivership affiliate of a prominent national commercial real estate brokerage company and the owners of more than a dozen office properties in Center City Philadelphia, its surrounding suburbs and Wilmington, Delaware.
Brian serves his clients by:
- Drafting and negotiating leases, lease amendments and other lease-related documents including lease termination. agreements, subleases and lease assignments.
- Performing a variety of due diligence in connection with solar development projects, including reviewing title, survey and site control documentation.
- Reviewing, analyzing and drafting subordination, non-disturbance and attornment agreements.
- Reviewing and preparing letters of intent.
- Interacting closely with lenders, brokers and property managers.
- Resolving landlord-tenant disputes.
- Overseeing all aspects of court-appointed receivership.
Brian’s practice includes representing clients on both the landlord and tenant sides of the lease transaction and involves a wide variety of commercial properties in both urban and suburban settings, including office buildings, shopping centers and mixed-use properties. His experience also extends to advising renewable energy developers and landowners, particularly those in the solar sector, on a range of real estate issues, including leases, licenses and option agreements.
His deep knowledge of the commercial real estate market and extensive contacts within the industry — including his work with many of the largest national commercial real estate brokerage firms operating in the Greater Philadelphia Area—make him a valued adviser on both business and legal issues.
Before Fox Rothschild
Brian’s experience includes service as:
- Associate General Counsel with Rubenstein Partners, a regional real estate company, where he was responsible for leasing, insurance matters and various other transactions.
- Assistant City Solicitor for the City of Philadelphia, where he worked in the real estate group and for Philadelphia International Airport. During his time with the City Law Department, Brian was instrumental in document preparation for the development of the Regional Performing Arts Center (Kimmel Center) and the US Airways maintenance hangar.
- Intern for Chief Justice Robert N.C. Nix Jr. of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania.
Honors & Awards
- Recipient of the "Pro Bono Roll of Honor" award from the First Judicial District of Pennsylvania