Brian is Co-Chair of the firm's Financial Restructuring & Bankruptcy Department. He represents both debtors and creditors in reorganization and liquidation proceedings and attendant litigation.
He has guided Chapter 11 debtors, Chapter 7 and 11 trustees, creditors’ and noteholders’ committees, assignees, landlords, liquidating trustees, labor organizations, preference and fraudulent conveyance defendants, receivers and secured and unsecured creditors.
Brian has represented:
- Former CFO and CEO of marchFIRST in its bankruptcy case
- Debtors Perpetua-Burr Oak Holdings of Illinois, LLC, Republic Windows & Doors, LLC and Pasquinelli Homebuilding, LLC
- Former CEO of MIG, Inc. (Metro Media International Group)
- Casa de Cambia Majapara and its Mexican trustee in its Chapter 11 and 15 proceedings
- Creditor/management constituency in the Indianapolis Downs bankruptcy
- RMW Acquisition Group LLC in the Shelbourne North Water Street L.P. (Chicago Spire) foreclosure and bankruptcy proceedings
- The Ad Hoc Committee of First Lien Bank lenders in the Caesars Entertainment Operating Company
- The Korean receiver of Ace Track Co. in its Chapter 15 proceedings
Before Fox Rothschild
Brian was a member of Shaw Fishman Glantz & Towbin LLC, which merged with Fox Rothschild in 2018.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Brian speaks regularly on bankruptcy topics at national and regional conferences. He previously served as the President and Chairperson of the American Bankruptcy Institute.
Honors & Awards
- Recognized by Chambers USA for Bankruptcy/Restructuring - Illinois (2019, 2020)
- Martindale Hubbell, AV Rating
- Named an "Illinois Leading Lawyer" by the Law Bulletin Publishing Company (2018)
- Named to "The Best Lawyers in America" list for Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights and Insolvency and Reorganization Law in Illinois by Best Lawyers (2019, 2020)
- Named to the list of Super Lawyers for Bankruptcy (2006-2020)
- Recognized in Marquis Who’s Who in America