Brian concentrates his practice on bankruptcy, creditors' rights and commercial litigation.
He regularly represents banking and financial institutions, credit unions, businesses, contractors, secured and unsecured creditors, trustees, executors and guarantors before state and federal courts. Brian also provides strategic counsel on a wide range of bankruptcy issues, including complex Chapter 11 cases, avoidance actions, adversary proceedings and out-of-court workouts.
Brian is a Board Certified Specialist in Business Bankruptcy Law by the American Board of Certification and the North Carolina State Bar Board of Legal Specialization. He also serves as a United States Bankruptcy Trustee for the Middle District of North Carolina.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox Rothschild, Brian was a member of the Bankruptcy and Financial Services Group at a Mid-Atlantic regional law firm.
Brian clerked for the Honorable Thomas W. Waldrep, Jr. of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Middle District of North Carolina.
Honors & Awards
- Recognized by the American Bankruptcy Institute as a “40 Under 40” Emerging Leader in the area of Insolvency
- Recognized by Chambers USA, Bankruptcy/Restructuring, North Carolina (2017-2019)
- Named to the North Carolina Super Lawyers list for Bankruptcy Law (2020-2021)
- Named to the North Carolina Super Lawyers "Rising Stars" list for Bankruptcy Law (2014-2018)
- Named to Business North Carolina magazine's "Legal Elite" list for Bankruptcy (2015, 2017-2021)