Bruce is an experienced transactional lawyer who represents clients in public and private securities offerings, mergers and acquisitions and corporate governance matters. He regularly advises emerging businesses in equity and debt financings and represents issuers, underwriters and selling shareholders in public offerings.
Bruce also helps private and publicly held companies structure, negotiate and implement mergers and acquisitions, dispositions, joint ventures and licensing transactions and regularly advises boards on corporate governance matters. Although Bruce represents clients in a variety of industries, he has a particular focus on companies in the medical device and technology sectors.
Among his leadership roles in the firm, Bruce serves as a member of the firm’s Finance Committee.
- Handled public securities offerings by ev3 Inc. ($166 million) and The Toro Company ($125 million).
- Handled private securities financings for early stage companies, including Phraxis, Inc.; Invenshure, LLC; Imbio, LLC; DGIMED Ortho, Inc.; Oneome LLC; Aria CV, Inc.; Flywheel Exchange LLC; Exosite LLC; and MedNet Solutions, Inc.
- Handled public company acquisitions of ev3 by Covidien plc ($2.6 billion); Virtual Radiologic Corporation by Providence Equity Partners ($294 million); FoxHollow Technologies, Inc. by ev3 ($741 million); and Fargo Electronics by HID Global Corporation ($340 million).
- Handled private company acquisitions, including superDimension Ltd. by Covidien plc ($300 million); Steady State Imaging by GE Healthcare; HLT, Inc. by Bracco AMT, Inc. ($80 million); Levo AG by Dane Technologies; and Arizant Inc. by Citigroup Venture Capital.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox Rothschild, Bruce was a partner at Oppenheimer Wolff & Donnelly LLP.
Honors & Awards
- Named among the Best Lawyers in America for corporate and M&A (2017-2018)
- Named Best Lawyers’ 2017 Minneapolis Corporate Law "Lawyer of the Year"
- Named as one of the leading attorneys for Business in Minnesota by Chambers USA
- Named as one of the leading Corporate/M&A attorneys in Minnesota by Chambers USA (2016-2018)
- Named a “Minnesota Super Lawyer” by Super Lawyers Magazine (2016-2018)