Bruce focuses his practice on business bankruptcy, workouts, business loan documentation and commercial litigation. He represents creditors, debtors, trustees, committees, guarantors and individuals who find themselves entangled in creditor-debtor and other commercial disputes. Bruce also advises clients about ways to minimize the risk of litigation by properly structuring and documenting business transactions. Bruce’s clients include financial institutions, forest products companies, commercial builders, health care companies and individuals.
Bruce is a frequent lecturer on bankruptcy topics, particularly those related to preferences, fraudulent transfers, debtor-in-possession financing and cash collateral.
Although Bruce practices most frequently in courts located in Washington, he has also represented clients in bankruptcy and other federal courts in Alaska, California, Delaware, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, New York and Texas.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox Rothschild, Bruce was a principal at Riddell Williams.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Bruce chairs the Avoiding Powers Subcommittee of the American Bar Association’s Business Bankruptcy Committee.
He also serves on the Washington State Board of the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC).
While in law school, Bruce was editor-in-chief of the Washington Law Review.
Honors & Awards
- Recognized by Chambers USA for Bankruptcy/Restructuring - Washington (2017-2020)
- Named to "The Best Lawyers in America" list for Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law in Washington by Best Lawyers (2013-2021)
- Named a "Washington Super Lawyer" by Thomson Reuters (2003-2020)
- Named among Washington's “Top 100 Super Lawyers” (2018)
- Rated AV Preeminent™ by Martindale-Hubbell®