Rob represents both borrowers and lenders in a variety of financing transactions. He has extensive experience in commercial law and transactions, including negotiation of credit lines (secured and unsecured), equipment and receivables financing, publicly traded debt and end-user finance programs.
Rob also counsels both public and private business entities on organizational and transactional matters, including mergers and acquisitions, and has participated in the development of key elements of U.S. electronic commerce law. His practice covers a broad range of business matters, including distribution arrangements, electronic commerce and contracting, contract negotiation and preparation, uniform commercial code issues, and the organization of business enterprises.
- Represented a major equipment manufacturer in connection with a $280 million term and revolving credit agreement.
- Represented a diversified manufacturer and financial service provider in connection with a syndicated $445 million credit facility.
- Negotiated terms of a joint venture to provide $500 million of equipment floor plan financing for a manufacturer’s distribution network.
- Represented multiple lenders providing financing for the acquisition of distressed debt and other classes of assets.
- Structured the organization and financing of multiple entities acquiring pools of financial assets.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox, Rob was a partner with Oppenheimer Wolff & Donnelly LLP.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Rob is a frequent lecturer on topics related to the Uniform Commercial Code, electronic commerce, commercial lending and entity formation. He also served as the American Bar Association Business Law Section adviser to the Uniform Electronic Transaction Act drafting committee.
Honors & Awards
- Named to "The Best Lawyers in America" list for Banking and Franchising Law in Minnesota by Best Lawyers (2017-2021)
- Named in Who’s Who in America
- Named to Who’s Who in American Law
- Named in Who’s Who in the World
- Named a “Super Lawyer” by Super Lawyers Magazine
- Recognized as a top attorney for exceptional client service by a national market research firm