The Fox Rothschild Cannabis Law Practice provides a comprehensive suite of services to cannabis businesses.
- Assisted with structuring for-profit management companies for nonprofit cannabis dispensaries with cannabis-related services, including agreements and intellectual property licensing.
- Counselled client in response to an RFI to partner with a medical cannabis academic clinical research center in Pennsylvania.
- Advise a financial advisory firm regarding loan transactions to cannabis.
- Assisted numerous clients in multiple states with private placement of securities under Reg. D.
- Represent cannabis licensee in federal trademark litigation.
- Represent multiple cannabis permittees in seeking federal and/or state trademark and copyright protection.
- Advising on patent work related to processes for extracting THC and CBD and cleansing pesticides.
- IP due diligence and clearance assessments in context of a major merger.
Labor & Employment
- Advised clients on employment law issues related to state legalized medical marijuana.
- Analyzed whether employer’s zero-tolerance drug policies are still legal.
- Researched and delivered opinion on whether employees may be fired for consuming marijuana when they are off work.
- Examined unemployment benefits for an employee fired for consuming medical cannabis.
- Outlined duty to provide reasonable accommodation for employees using medical cannabis.
Real Estate & Zoning
- Represented multiple cannabis clients in zoning, appeals and land use approval matters.
- Advised landlords and tenants with leases for cannabis facilities.
- Represented investment firm in issues with purchase, lease and sale of real estate associated with a Pennsylvania medical marijuana grower/processor.