In regulatory compliance work for clients in the legalized cannabis space, Fox attorneys serve as strategic advisers to growers, distributors, processors, investors, manufacturers, technology companies and market leaders.
Our national team has extensive experience tracking and navigating the constantly evolving matrix of state and federal regulations related to hemp and cannabis. We have guided government authorities on cannabis-related legislation and have worked closely with clients to craft effective comments and opinions on legislation affecting their respective cannabis markets. On an international basis, we provide regulatory guidance to a range of foreign companies seeking to enter U.S. hemp and cannabis markets.
Select Regulatory Compliance Experience
Fox attorneys have:
- Represented Cresco Labs, LLC, (a Canadian publicly traded cannabis company) as its multi-state regulatory counsel in the preparation of its Canadian reverse takeover.
- Formulated legal opinions for multiple clients to provide to the SEC for cannabis industry mutual fund and ETF formations.
- Advised MedMen Enterprises, Inc., a leading U.S.-based (Canadian publicly traded) cannabis company, as regulatory counsel in Illinois and Pennsylvania.
- Guided an e-cigarette maker on FDA-related issues, including proper positioning of dual-use devices.
- Represented clients in multiple states with proposed revisions and additions to medical cannabis regulations.
- Advised numerous domestic and international clients regarding regulatory, transactional and distribution issues for hemp-based (CBD) products under the 2018 Farm Bill and state laws.
- Defended a cannabis client against a regulatory disciplinary complaint.
- Numerous multi-state cannabis licensees across the country with regulatory investigations and related administrative law proceedings.