In 2019 alone, Fox Rothschild helped to facilitate cannabis industry transactions worth more than $1 billion.
Our team includes corporate attorneys throughout the country who are well-versed in mergers and acquisitions, as well as advising investors and cannabis startups, emerging and growth-stage companies in structuring financing. We assist local, regional and national cannabis businesses and hemp operators with and sales of dispensaries and various licenses. Our transactional counsel is bolstered by a deep knowledge of the federal and state regulatory laws that govern the industry.
Select Cannabis Transaction Experience
Fox attorneys have advised:
- GR Companies, Inc., the largest private vertically integrated multi-state cannabis operator, as regulatory counsel in its cash and stock sale to Curaleaf Holdings Inc. valued at approximately $875 million.
- TerrAscend Corp. in the $250 million acquisition of Ilera Healthcare, one of five vertically integrated cannabis cultivator, processor and dispensary operators in Pennsylvania.
- A multi-state cannabis and hemp operator in the $63 million acquisition of multiple medical marijuana entities and their associated dispensary permits in Pennsylvania.
- A multi-state cannabis and hemp operator in the $12 million acquisition of an adult-use and medical marijuana dispensary in San Diego.
- A multi-state cannabis and hemp operator in the $16 million acquisition of a Virginia-based cannabis business and its related production, processing and distribution license, which is one of only five allowed in the state.
- Clients with dozens of mergers and acquisitions of cannabis licensees across the United States, including in Arizona, Arkansas, California, Nevada, Colorado, Connecticut, Michigan, Illinois, Ohio, Oklahoma, Maryland, New York, North Dakota, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Vermont and Virginia.
- A regional bank regarding cannabis banking opportunities and risks pursuant to federal laws.