Carl’s practice focuses in the areas of corporate and commercial litigation before the Delaware Court of Chancery, the Delaware Supreme Court, the Delaware Superior Court and the District of Delaware. He also represents parties as Delaware counsel in intellectual property disputes before the District of Delaware.
Carl represents local, regional and national clients in a variety of areas, including:
- High-stakes shareholder disputes
- Books and records demands
- Derivative actions
- Shareholder appraisal rights
- Electronically stored information and document retention matters
- Insurance litigation
- Matters involving fiduciary duties and corporate governance
- Summary proceedings under the Delaware General Corporation Law, including temporary restraining orders and preliminary and permanent injunctions
In addition to his corporate and commercial litigation background, Carl regularly handles matters before the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware and has represented commercial landlords, utility companies, debtors, creditors, creditors’ committees and liquidation trusts in Chapter 7 and Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings. He also has significant experience litigating preference and avoidance action disputes.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining the firm, Carl served as a law clerk for the Honorable E. Norman Veasey, former Chief Justice of the Delaware Supreme Court.