Carlos is a problem solver who approaches matters with a friendly and professional demeanor. He handles all aspects of family law, including:
- Dissolution of marriage
- Legal separation
- Resolution of parenting and custody matters
- Determination of child and spousal support
- Division and characterization of property and income
- Premarital and postmarital agreements
Carlos has represented Bay Area entrepreneurs and professionals in a variety of fields including law, technology, banking and finance, real estate and construction. He has experience resolving disputes regarding the characterization and division of complex compensation including:
- Stock options
- Restricted Stock Units (RSUs including GSUs)
- Carried interest
- Deferred compensation
He works regularly with outside professionals including forensic accountants, valuation professionals, mediators, vocational evaluators and custody evaluators to efficiently resolve complex family law issues.
Before Fox Rothschild
Carlos was an associate at Apex Family Law, P.C., which merged with Fox Rothschild in 2018.
During law school, Carlos worked for the Office of the Ramsey County Attorney in St. Paul, Minnesota as a Child Support Enforcement Certified Student Attorney. He represented the people of Ramsey County in over 150 child support hearings during his tenure with the Office of the Ramsey County Attorney.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Carlos volunteers as a pro bono family law attorney with the Justice and Diversity Center of the Bar Association of San Francisco.
Honors & Awards
- 2013 Outstanding Volunteer Award Recipient, The Justice and Diversity Center of The Bar Association of San Francisco