Caroline is a seasoned litigator, advocate and negotiator with a particular focus on the areas of commercial and business litigation, insurance, aviation and data privacy.
A former claims manager with a global reinsurer, Caroline knows the importance of aligning litigation goals with short and long-term business objectives. She takes a practical, comprehensive and efficient approach to solving clients’ legal problems, investing time to understand their business priorities in order to meet their litigation needs in a cost-effective manner. Caroline has handled a wide range of commercial litigation, representing companies in a variety of complex business disputes. Through her insurance industry experience, she provides informed advice and an insider’s perspective on an array of insurance and reinsurance matters.
Caroline counsels companies on compliance with state, federal and international data privacy and breach notification laws. She helps clients assess, analyze and manage risks including cross-border discovery; mitigate losses; and achieve cybersecurity best practices.
Her experience includes defending airlines in state and federal courts across the country against claims brought under the Montreal Convention. Caroline was also a secondee in the Aviation Claims Department of a large insurer, where she managed airline hull and liability claims.
- Represents a large power organization in a multimillion-dollar dispute concerning a design build/construction management agreement for a major energy upgrade project.
- Won summary judgment in a $15 million contract dispute between a U.S. subsidiary of a French reinsurer and an MGU.
- Represented a major terminal operator being investigated by the Waterfront Commission of New York Harbor.
- Won denial of summary disposition in an arbitration relating to a design build/construction management dispute in a project spanning 22 locations of a large metropolitan college.
- Advised a multinational insurer on the Consumer Product Safety Commission’s product recall standards in connection with a high-profile licensed product sold by a national department store chain.
- Won dismissal, in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit, of a contractual dispute regarding the sale of an aircraft.
- Advised the administrator of a $20 billion victims’ compensation fund for a significant oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, including drafting proposed guidelines and claims protocols.
- Counseled and prepared witnesses for interviews on behalf of a French airline, in relation to a high-profile criminal investigation by the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office.
- Represented individuals and companies under investigation by the U.S. Attorney's Office, the Securities and Exchange Commission, the Department of Justice and the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox Rothschild, Caroline was a litigator at a large international law firm and a boutique firm, both based in New York City, where she focused her practice on litigation, (re)insurance and white collar crime. In addition to private practice, Caroline was a partner and senior claims manager at a large global reinsurance company in Paris, where she was responsible for investigating, analyzing, managing, negotiating and resolving multimillion-dollar reinsurance claims for large complex losses worldwide as well as launch and in-orbit space claims.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Caroline is committed to forging paths for women in the legal industry and beyond. As a mentor in the Brown University Women’s Launch Pad program, Caroline guides junior and senior students in goal setting, career preparation and whatever life throws their way. Caroline also serves as a member of the Woman Advocate Committee of the American Bar Association.
Honors & Awards
- Named a New York "Super Lawyer Rising Star" by New York Super Lawyers Magazine
- Named a Super Lawyers "Rising Star" in the New York Women’s Edition