An experienced litigator, Caroline handles a broad range of complex litigation matters. She represents clients in a variety of industries in the courtroom and in alternative dispute resolution. Additionally, she has significant experience representing clients in insurance disputes, construction matters, and all aspects of commercial litigation in both state and federal courts.
- Represents large power organization in a multi-million dollar dispute concerning a design build construction management agreement for a major energy upgrade project.
- Won denial of summary disposition in an arbitration relating to a design build/construction management dispute in a project spanning 22 locations of a large metropolitan college.
- Represents clients in all stages of the construction process in complex high capital construction projects.
- Advised the administrator of a $20 billion victims compensation fund for a significant oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, including drafting proposed guidelines and claims protocols.
- Won summary judgment in a $15 million contract dispute between a U.S. subsidiary of a French reinsurer and an MGU.
- Represented a major terminal operator being investigated by the Waterfront Commission of New York Harbor.
- Advised a multinational insurer on the Consumer Product Safety Commission’s product recall standards in connection with a high-profile licensed product sold by a national department store chain.
- Won dismissal, in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit, of a contractual dispute regarding the sale of an aircraft.
- Counseled and prepared witnesses for interviews on behalf of a French airline, in relation to a high-profile criminal investigation by the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office.
- Represented individuals and companies under investigation by the United States Attorney's Office, the Securities and Exchange Commission, the Department of Justice and the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox Rothschild, Caroline was a litigator at a large international law firm and a boutique firm, both based in New York City, where she focused her practice on litigation, (re)insurance and white collar crime. In addition to private practice, Caroline was a partner and senior claims manager at a large global reinsurance company in Paris, where she was responsible for investigating, analyzing, managing, negotiating and resolving multimillion-dollar reinsurance claims for large complex losses worldwide as well as launch and in-orbit space claims.
Honors & Awards
- Named to Super Lawyers’ New York Metro Rising Stars (2011-2012, 2017)
- Named to Super Lawyers’ New York Women's Edition Rising Stars (2018)