Immigration Compliance and Social Security No Match Letters Are Back!
Join co-hosts Carolyn Richmond, Partner and Chair of the Hospitality practice at Fox Rothschild, and Stacy Gilbert, Partner, Co-Practice Leader- Restaurant and Hospitality Practice at Citrin Cooperman as they welcome Ali Brodie, co-chair of the Immigration practice at Fox Rothschild, and a member of the firm’s Labor & Employment practice, for an overview of immigration and workplace compliance, Form I-9 and government inspections. Ali will be joined by a special guest co-presenter, Janet Hoffmann, from HR Aligned Design for an hour-long webinar on how to deal with the resurrected Social Security Administration’s No-Match Letters.
In March 2019, the Social Security Administration resumed issuance of Social Security No-Match Letters; it is now more important than ever for employers in all industries to ensure accurate records for wage-reporting and compliance with the Form I-9 verification requirements. Topics include:
- Handling the receipt of Social Security no-match letters
- Specifics about executing the I-9 under current rules
- Documenting employees without violating anti-discrimination laws
- Identifying and reviewing documents for authenticity
- Auditing and correcting I-9 forms
- Navigating pitfalls in the process
- Understanding the penalties for noncompliance, including simple clerical errors
- Best practices for developing a companywide compliance program