Catherine is a member of the firm's Real Estate Group and represents developers, landlords, tenants and lenders in commercial real estate transactions.
She primarily counsels developers and investors in the acquisition, disposition and leasing of commercial properties and assists lenders in real estate financing.
Catherine represents developers during all stages of development, including acquisition, reciprocal easements, construction, and an array of financing, such as SBA loans, bond financing, USDA backed loans, and CMBS. Catherine is experienced in representing landlords in the leasing of retail and office space to national and regional tenants and in representing healthcare companies in the leasing of medical office space. She is also experienced in representing national and regional banking institutions as well as life insurance companies.
“In my 45 years of banking and mortgage banking experience, I have very seldom encountered an attorney who is as efficient as Catherine. Her legal experience, thorough approach and pragmatic insights add much value to the deal process. ”
~ James T. Gunn, Chairman
Vista Commercial Mortgage Group, LLC
Since 2013, Catherine has participated in commercial real estate transactions totaling in excess of $2 billion. Catherine’s representative transactions include:
- Retail Shopping Centers: Led a crosscutting team of attorneys and paralegals in closing a complex CMBS portfolio loan of more than $22 million. The loan was a critical step in helping the client refinance nine retail and office shopping centers in five states.
- Medical Office: Sale and leaseback of a medical office building in Wilmington, North Carolina.
- Assisted Living: Development of assisted living facilities in North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia in all phases of development, including acquisition, construction and mezzanine and bond financing.
- HOA Communities: Single family, townhome and condominium developments across North Carolina, including HOA formation and Declarations.
- COVID-19 Leases: Representation of landlords and national tenants in Lease Amendments across the country to address COVID-19 issues.
- Loan Transactions: Representation of lenders in a variety of financing transactions, including hotels, multifamily, retail shopping centers, office buildings and loan assumptions.
Catherine is based in her hometown, Asheville, North Carolina, and travels frequently to the firm's Charlotte office.
Before Fox Rothschild
Catherine was an associate at Smith Moore Leatherwood LLP, which combined with Fox Rothschild in 2018.
Catherine was a member of the Brainerd Currie Honor Society at Mercer University's Walter F. George School of Law and a member of the Mercer Law Review. While an undergraduate at Sewanee: The University of the South, Catherine was a member of the Order of Gownsmen.
Honors & Awards
- Selected to the “Super Lawyers – Rising Stars” list for Real Estate: Business in North Carolina (2021) *
- Named to the "Rising Stars" list by North Carolina Lawyers Weekly (2021)