Hot Topics in Immigration for Health Care Organizations and Professionals
101 Park Ave 17th Floor
New York, NY 10178
In the United States, health care and immigration laws often intersect, creating a complicated regulatory and statutory framework that governs the admission and employment of foreign medical professionals. The recent increase in immigration enforcement has made understanding these complex systems even more critical. In addition, immigration laws affect even employers who hire only U.S. citizens, given the requirements to document all employees’ status (with recent enforcement and changes in this area).
Topics will include:
- Common problems employers face in complying with immigration law
- Recent changes in immigration requirements
- Form I-9 basics and best practices
- Reviewing and improving compliance for health care employees
- Commonly used immigration provisions for medical professionals
- Temporary statuses and issues for medical professionals such as residents, fellows and others
- Green card options
- J-1 Physician Waivers
- Immigration issues with patients
*Register by January 18. Space is limited.