Charlie practices principally in the real property area of business, commercial and industrial transactions. He also regularly counsels clients concerning acquisitions and sales, zoning, finance and development, and advises a number of international companies on matters of general corporate and real estate law.
Before Fox Rothschild
Charlie was previously Of Counsel at Smith Moore Leatherwood, which combined with Fox Rothschild in 2018.
Honors & Awards
- North Carolina Super Lawyers, Listed Real Estate Transactions (2006), Real Estate (2007-2019), and as one of the "Top 100" attorneys in North Carolina (2006, 2007)
- Selected to Super Lawyers Business Edition list, Real Estate (2013-2015)
- Selected by his peers as Greensboro Best Lawyers Lawyer of the Year (Woodward/White, Inc.), Real Estate Law (2012), Land Use & Zoning (2011, 2014)
- Named to "The Best Lawyers in America" list for Land Use & Zoning Law and Real Estate Law in North Carolina by Best Lawyers, listed more than 31 consecutive years
- Recognized by Chambers USA for Real Estate (2007-2009, 2014), Zoning/Land Use (2010-2013, 2019, 2020), Senior Statesmen (2014-2018) - North Carolina
- Martindale-Hubbell's top ("AV") Peer Review Rating *
- 2007 recipient of the Stanley Frank Lifetime Achievement Award
- Business North Carolina's Legal Elite, Real Estate (2003-2005, 2007-2009, 2012)