Charlie practiced intellectual property law in Philadelphia for more than 40 years.
His experience included:
- Preparing, filing and prosecuting patent and trademark applications in the United States and abroad
- Registering claims for copyright
- Litigating patent, trademark and copyright infringement actions, on both the prosecution and defense sides, domestically and abroad
- Technology licensing
- Advising and counseling domestic and offshore clients on a wide range of intellectual property and electronic commerce issues
- Being the attorney of record on nearly 1,000 trademark registrations in the United States Patent and Trademark Office and is the attorney of record on well over 1000 international trademark registrations
- Prosecuting to issuance nearly 500 U.S. patents and more than 350 international patents
- Serving as an expert witness at the trial of four patent cases
Before Fox Rothschild
Charlie was a partner at Saul Ewing LLP, where he was the first leader of that firm's Intellectual Property Group. Before that, Charlie was a name partner and served as the managing partner of a local intellectual property firm as well as serving of counsel to another local intellectual property firm.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Charlie published numerous articles and spoke on intellectual property issues in the U.S., Europe and Japan. He served two terms on the Board of Governors of the Philadelphia Intellectual Property Association and before that was a two-term Treasurer of that Association. Charlie served as Editor-in-Chief for the Intellectual Property Section of the Dunlap-Hanna Treatise and Form Book on Pennsylvania law.
Honors & Awards
- U.S. Delegate, 1981 World Conference, Fédération Internationale des Conseils en Propriété Industrielle, Edinburgh, Scotland
- Martindale-Hubbell “AV” rated
- Named a "Super Lawyer" by Philadelphia Magazine and Law & Politics Magazine (2004, 2006, 2007)
- Named a "Top Lawyer" by Main Line Today Magazine in the area of Intellectual Property Law (2016)